𝐬𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧. 𝐰𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐲?

-

-

THE NEXT MORNING, I WASN'T LATE. Feeling a bit rough from last night, I planned on keeping my head down for the day, really just trying to stay away from all the posh kids and their drama. As I slid into my seat next to Ander, he turned to me, smiling.

"Hey Ander, how are you?" I asked as I doodled on my book, waiting for class to start as a few more kids wandered in and found their seats. "I'm okay. Little tired." He nods, and I smile, "Me too." Before we are shushed, and the teacher begins the lesson, droning on about something as I made notes.

Thirty minutes in, and I was bored out of my mind, just waiting for the lesson to be over. Only twenty minutes to go. "Pst. Ander! J!" A loud whisper came from across the classroom, and I turned my head to see Christian, trying to get our attention while the teacher turned his back. "?" We responded at the same time, giggling quietly. Christian then held his hands to his lips, in a way that seemed like he was smoking, and Ander shushed him quickly, as we quickly realized Christian was asking us if we wanted to smoke with him.

"Cuándo?" Ander asked quietly, and Christian whispered back "Después de clase." And we all nodded, the thoughts of smoking getting us through the last twenty minutes of the lesson. We left the classroom swiftly, and I put my books and bags away in my locker, grabbing my prerolled joints and placing them in my pocket. I turned around to see Ander and Christian still standing in the doorway, peering out of the classroom.

"Me encanta." I heard Christian mumble to himself as the bell went off and I laughed as I followed his eyes to Carla and Polo. "Carla?" Ander and I both ask, and he smiles. While Ander begins explaining who Carla is, I start walking, heading towards the exit of the school. I whistle back to them, waving my joint discreetly at them, and they grab each other, rushing towards me, before putting both their arms around me as we head off to this little place Christian and I always used to smoke.

"Joder, macho, esto no tira, eh?" Christian asked as I laughed, looking at Ander's first attempt at rolling a spliff. "No te rias del novato, eh?" Ander says, shaking his head and pointing at me as we all walk side by side, heading to a spot where we could see the lake properly. It was quite a nice place to chill, it was always where I went when I needed to be alone or needed to relax.

"No, no me río. Para ser tu primer porro y hecho con un tutorial, no está nada mal." I said, ruffling his curly hair as we reached the side. We lean over the side, looking out across the lake, as we smoke Ander's little spliff, followed by my beautifully rolled joint which I bragged about to Ander, who began pretending to sulk, causing us all to giggle.

"Are you seriously still obsessing about the party? Give me a break!" Ander coughed out as Christian mentioned the party again, probably for the fifth time today. I giggled, seeing recognition across Christian's face as he seemed to understand what was being said. Maybe the English class was paying off.

"What party?" I ask, and they both look at me confused. "Marina's party. You know, the one everyone is talking about?" Ander laughs at my confusion, but I shake my head at the pair of them. "I don't care for a party full of snobs from Las Encinas, considering a lot of them seem evil," I giggle, "Plus, not invited so I don't care-"

"Well actually, in the group chat Guzmán said that Marina said she wanted you to come but said she hadn't had the chance to speak to you today. Asked if I knew how to get a hold of you. Which reminds me, I don't have your number." Ander holds his phone out for me to take and I look at him confused. "Put your number in the phone." He says, placing the phone in my hand. As I do that, Christian keeps bothering him about the party, until Ander finally agrees to go and to take Christian with him. Of course, I'm also being dragged along.

Christian, Ander and I decide to head out shopping, and I pick out a little strappy black dress and some heels for the evening, as Ander had explained these things are excuses to dress up nice and make connections, and I didn't fancy standing out all night, having snobby eyes staring at me for the evening. We then headed to my house to get ready, and as I stepped out of my bedroom all dressed and ready to go, the boys looked at me in shock. "Wow." The boys said in unison. "Stop staring, let's go," I said, as I grabbed the leather jacket from my table, forgetting that it belonged to Nano. Just as we were about to leave, I noticed Christian's collar of his jacket was folded weirdly.

"Christian, your collar looks all messy, stop." I pulled him by his jacket, and he ended up right in front of me. As I reached around his neck to fix his collar, he held my arms there, smiling at me. "Come on, we're going to be late," Ander called from outside, and I pulled Christian out of the house, just as Ander's mum pulled up in the car.

"Estás disfrutando de la escuela?" She asked, and Christian was quick to respond. "Nos encanta la escuela. Su hijo ha sido muy acogedor. Las clases son geniales, y la piscina es tan grande! Estoy muy contento de estar allí!" I shook my head at the boy, and Ander turned around, slightly giggling with me. His mother seemed impressed however and was smiling for the rest of the drive to Marina's. As we pulled up to Marina's house, I was slightly overwhelmed. There were lots of people, all dressed very nicely. "Adiós! Que te diviertas." Ander's mum said, kissing him on the cheek as we all jumped out of the car. Before we went in, we walked around the corner and smoked a joint, away from the eyesight of the attendees. We all stood leaning against the wall giggling, before walking to the entrance, where Christian spotted Samuel and Nadia walking up to the house. "Samu." He yelled, and they embraced in a hug, as I began speaking to Nadia. "Are you okay?" She asked, looking at me with concern, but I simply smiled, nodding, before we all decided to head in, walking in unison somehow, almost as if we were in a movie.

All eyes were on us, and I had a gut feeling that today would end badly.