Chapter Fifteen

Chloe's P.O.V

"Hey Chloe," Hailee said while knocking on my door.

My eyes shot open, disturbed from my lovely dream and looked at the door. "What is it, Hailee?" I asked with a raspy voice and glanced at the clock. "It's 6:15 in the morning, can't this wait?"

"No, it can't," she stated and opened my door and sat on the edge of my bed with her phone in hand. "Chloe Marshall just texted me after she finished working out at the gym–"

I huffed out a breath and turned on my side and pulled the covers over my head. "Why do you have to talk about her? Like I care?" I interrupted.

"Trust me, you'll want to hear this," she continued. "She said she wanted to hang out with me today after classes, and I asked if I could bring you and she said yes! Isn't that exciting?" she squealed.

I glared at Hailee. "No, it's not. Now I feel obligated to go if she thinks that I'll be going," I sighed. "I don't have anything against her–"

"Oh yes you do," Hailee snorted, pushing up her black rimmed glasses. "You don't like her because she's pretty and popular."

I sat up and gawked at Hailee. She thought I didn't like Chloe Marshall because she was pretty and popular? "And you do?" I asked, growing a little frustrated. "Y'know Hailee, not every girl hates on a girl just because she happens to be prettier or more popular. I have my own reasons for disliking her. It wouldn't be right to dislike someone for those reasons."

"And what reasons are those?" she snapped.

"She's incredibly lazy for someone who works out," I stated. "She spends too much time working out when she should be working out the most important muscle part of your body: the brain. She cheated her entire way through school, and I don't doubt that's what she was doing right now."

Hailee shrugged. "I don't mind that she cheats."

I cocked an eyebrow. For valedictorian of our senior class, I would think that she viewed academic honesty and excellence in a higher regard than what she was claiming to now. It was a little disheartening that I seemed to care more. "And let's not forget to mention when Chloe Marshall made fun of someone for not buying the name brand boots, and told them that if they were to wear something they should have the decency to save up their money and buy the real thing themselves. It's ridiculous!"

"Give her a break. That was high school," Hailee rolled her eyes. "She's different now."

"Oh, I'm sure," I said sarcastically. I couldn't be friends with someone who looked down upon those who didn't wear name brand clothes and designer handbags. I couldn't be friends with someone who could care less about their education and just cheat their way through everything. I couldn't stand it.

"But you'll go, won't you?" Hailee pleaded. "I want you to go."

"Fine," I said and fell back against the mattress. "Now could you please get out of my room. I really need an extra hour of sleep if I'm going to do well at all today."

Hailee laughed and nodded as she got up from my bed and walked to my door. "Have sweet dreams...about Kason," she laughed, ran out the door and shut it before I could respond.

My day went by pretty smoothly, and I managed to take my Calculus exam with ease, which comforted me greatly. I had been worried about this exam, but after seeing it I was relieved to see that it wasn't as hard as I thought it would be. I didn't know what Hailee and Marshall had in store for me today. I didn't know if we were going to go somewhere nice, so I decided to abandon my sweat pants and loose t-shirts and wear leggings and a short-sleeved dress. I spent a little more time on my makeup as usual, making sure my winged eyeliner was precise and my eyeshadow was blended to perfection. I wanted to make sure I at least looked presentable.