forty five.

jungkook's pov

"yes, a million times yes." taehyung sobbed loudly as he hiccuped.

i smiled widely at him as i got up, swiftly pressing my lips against his.

i could taste his tears, but that was the least of my worries.

over the music playing, i could hear the clapping and cheers from our friends and family who had just witnessed the entire moment.

i carefully removed the beautiful ring from the box, reaching out to grasp taehyung's shaky hands.

the ring sat perfectly on his left hand, making him gasp loudly as he viewed it.

"it's so pretty." he sobbed.

"you're prettier, my beautiful angel." i whispered by his ear as i hugged him to my chest.

we rocked back and forth for a few minutes, the slow music playing in the background as the fairy lights surrounded us.

a few minutes later when the music finally stopped playing, the sounds of our friends became that much more distinct.

"jin your salty ass tears just landed on my lip." i heard yoongi groan.

"first of all, if you hadn't-"

"shh be quiet guys." namjoon.

as i stared into taehyung's eyes, and he stared back into mine, we both smiled before linking hands.

"you guys can come out now!" i yelled, not once breaking eye contact with him.

it wasn't long before loud screaming was heard and i was quickly tackled by hoseok who laughed in my ear.

and finally taehyung's parents.

his mother was crying silently as mr.kim held her for comfort.

"my baby. im so happy for you." she cried as she hugged him practicing cutting off his oxygen supply.

"congratulations son." mr.kim hugged me but not before i caught sight of his bloodshot eyes.

what a night.