Five

OoOoOoOoOoO present day chapter

Ahhhh

Here

Daryl maybe? maybe?

*-*-*

Aim
Breath

Shoot

One down, too many left to go.

Bang

Bang

Bang

They're still coming, they won't stop coming.

"Alyx! lets go!" Rider shouted from behind me. I finally gave up and hopped over the chain link fence. It slowed them down, but not enough.

-flashback-

"Sargent Johns! We need you in Department C, now!" General Rider yelled from down the hall. I grabbed my camo jacket and AK-47 before rushing of the camp grounds.

"Are those... people?" I asked gunning the ones who were trying to... eat everyone.

"Not anymore" Rider started. He shot two more before continuing.

"Virus broke out... Kills em' them restarts the brain stem, they are dead, but there alive... you get it?" he asked. I shot 5 more... things.

"Like it just gets them moving? but why do they eat people?" He stopped shooting once the rage dialed down.

"Do I look like a fucking scientist to you?" he sarcastically asked. I laughed and shot three more.

"Absolutely not" I muttered.

"Whatever, we gotta move, grab your shit and get in the truck, we are getting the fuck outta here" he yelled as he headed to his tent.

I ran to my bag and grabbed the whole thing except a camo tank top, military jacket, black jeans and my combat boots. I packed multiple hand guns, shot guns, automatic guns, and grenades.

I ran over to Rider and I saw that he was packing the camouflage jeep with food, water and artillery weapons.

"You pack melees?" I asked stuffing my bag in the passenger seat. He nodded his head and hopped into the drivers seat.

I took one last look at our old military base to see it infested with... walkers, hmm that's a good name.

"We need to find my brothers" I said firmly. Rider nodded and turned his attention back to the road.

-end of flashback-

"We gotta move, we ain't got time like this! we can't be held up in this building for ever! were running out of food and water" Rider informed me. I didn't listen for the rest of his rant, my mind roamed elsewhere.

First it started by asking "what would've happen if I wasn't at camp?" then I thought "what if I never joined the army. " At the back of my mind Daryl and my brothers kept wanting to join the party. Every time I thought about them my Heart shattered all over again. Daryl told me he loved me... 10 years ago...but still that was the last thing he said to me. Does he still? is he even alive? Gray and Ethan are 15 now, will I ever see them again?

"AJ! are you okay?" Rider asked. I looked at him and gave him the look.

-hey another flashback hehe-

It was the first night after training was completely over and we were going to out first battle. My bunkie (Rider) was snoring away above me.

How can he sleep at a time like this? isn't he nervous?

He jolted awake and hoped down and landed with a thud.

"Alyx? you awake? I heard you whimpering" that's true I was and I am ashamed. I haven't cried or whimpered since I was 7. it was the first night that he... he...

"I'm thinking about someone that I had to leave before I left he told me he loved me and now I don't know what to do" Daryl kept entering my mind no mater what I did.

Rider looked down at me and smiled, he then leaned close and patted my shoulder.

-end of flashback-

I have him the same look now, then I did that night. He leaned forward and have me a tight hug.

"We gotta go" he said.

I was going to reply but was cut of my gunshots. I ran up the building steps to the roof.

"Look a survivor!" I shouted and pointed the the man in the sheriffs uniform.

"We gotta get him" I started, but we were to late someone beat us too it. there was an Korean Boy running towards him and leading into an alley.

"That's the clothing store, we can go through the tunnels to get there" I suggested. He agreed and of we went

Once we were in the same building as them, we heard shouting. We ran oh to there floor and peaked in. There was the sheriff, the Korean, a blonde women, a black man, black women and a Hispanic man.

The black man was the first to spot us.

"The hell are you?" he asked. The blonde drew her gun on us but we kept ours down.

"I'm Sergeant Johns and this Is general Rider. You can call me Alyx though" I said. The sheriff looked impressed as Rider stuck out his hand.

"Hello, I'm Rick" the sheriff said. The blonde women said her name was Andrea and the black women's was Jacque, the Hispanic was Morales, the black man was Tdog and the korean was Glenn.

There was more gunshots and Morales asked something that caught my attention.

"Is that Dixon?"

"Dixon!?" I asked with excitement. They all looked at me confused but before they could talk I rushed up to the roof. I was hoping for Daryl but Merle would do.

I saw a bald man with a leather vest popping of rounds at the walkers below.

"MERLE!" I shouted. His head turned in my direction, His hard, cold, dark eyes turned light and soft when he saw my face.

"Girlie? no way!" he said as I ran to him. I wrapped my arms tightly around his neck and he patted my back.

"Daryl?" I asked. His features turned happy as he chuckled.

"Back at camp"

*-*-*

Whoa long chapter hoot shit! I wanted to fit Merle and Alyx reunion in here so that's why it's long.

(The picture is of Rider)

1) how will Daryl react to alyx's reappearance?

2) will Merle and Alyx make it back to camp?

3) predictions?