Theft

Vincent

I stood there as Robert stood up behind my desk. My blood was boiling.

"It's not what it looks like," he claimed as I detested the lie that spewed from his mouth.

I walked towards him. "How long did you expect to steal from me and get away with it?"

He stood there as his silence spoke volumes.

"Answered me!" I roared at him. I didn't have the patience for his behavior.

"It's for a few weeks," he responded, admitting he had been stealing from me. I'm beyond furious.

"It seems Robert hasn't only been stealing money, but he's been working with John. That's how John found out that Lacey was alone after what happened at the restaurant," Cruz informed me. I was ready to rip his head off.

I stormed towards him as he moved away from me, putting his hands up in defense. "Vincent, you need to understand," Robert said.

"I don't have to understand a damn thing," I barked as I lunged at him, grabbing him. I hauled off and hit him as he fell backward.

He looked at me as I instructed Cruz to take this piece of trash out, which he did as he dragged Robert out of my office. Once they were out of view, I walked over and took a seat in my office chair. The exchange exhausted me.

I sat there as I rubbed my forehead in frustration. All I wanted is to have this time with Lacey without interruptions.

Cruz emerged a half-hour later as I sat there.

"The police took him into custody," he informed me as I sat there and rubbed my forehead. "Vincent, you look exhausted."

"Thanks for pointing out the obvious," I snapped. My irritation increased, and my encounter with Robert depleted my energy.

Cruz stood there as I sat there. I needed a few minutes.

"Let me contact Joe and let him know you'll be a while; that way, Lacey won't worry. I can make up some excuse, explaining the meeting went longer than expected," he reasoned as I nodded. I needed some time.

Lacey

Joe's phone rang, and he answered it. It sounded like Vincent's meeting was taking longer than expected. Joe stayed longer, which was excellent.

He hung up and looked at me. "So, have you decided? Are you going to accept his offer?"

I looked at him. "I am."

"Then why are you holding out? Lacey, if you plan on accepting it, then tell him," he advised me.

"I will on the last day," I told him as he gave me a look. "I didn't want it to be about money. I wanted more. I want Vincent to know I'm choosing him and not his money," I explained to him.

"He bought you an airline," he reminded me with an arched eyebrow.

"I still think it's insane. I mean, who does that?" I asked him.

"Vincent Powers does," he chuckled as I rolled my eyes.

"It's funny. I was hesitant about having this meeting with Vincent, but I'm glad I did. He's so different from what I expected," I said to him as I thought back to that first time we met.

"It's call falling in love, and it's a wonderful feeling." Joe smiled as I smiled back at him.

"How does anyone fall in love so quickly? It's crazy to think about it," I said to him.

"Lacey, there's no time frame when people fall in love. It happens differently for everyone. When you find the one that makes your heart skip a beat and miss them when they're not here. That's love; it's the good, the bad, and everything between. Is it easy? It never is. But is it worth it? It's always is," he explained as I looked at him.

That was the thing I saw all that with Vincent. It made me smile.

Rafe

I strolled into Carter's office and handed her a piece of paper. She took it and read it when she set it down on her desk. She looked at me. "She has one more week left of this pathetic contract; then she belongs to me."

"Are you sure about that?" I asked her.

"I own her," she claimed with a look.

"I saw them together. I doubt you'll persuade Lacey to return," I informed Carter. I knew Lacey. She has a habit of falling for people even when she denied doing so. That's how I could keep her for so long working for Carter. She had an infatuation with me, which played well in our favor.

"That's why you'll do it for me. I want you to remind Lacey of her place," Carter told me with a look that I knew all too well.

"As you wish," I informed her before turning to leave Carter's office. I didn't know where she's staying, and the cell phone Carter gave her is off. I knew Vincent had something to do with that. I still remember the day we were all informed to allow Lacey to sign that fucking contract with him.

It was pure luck running into them at that festival. I knew what city she was in but still didn't know her whereabouts. When I questioned Joe, he denied knowing where she was, which I knew was a lie. Pulling phone records, I found a number I didn't recognize. That's when I figured it was Lacey. The number showed up a few times, but it was enough to make sure I had it.

I left the office and went to meet up with a client. I needed some playtime since I have a few days to take care of business. I arrived, and the door opened as I walked inside.

I sat in a chair as the male client performed fellatio on me. This client was in the closet and preferred performing sexual acts on men. He came in handy when I wanted playtime.

When he finished, I made him strip and prep himself. I would take my frustration out on him until he couldn't walk, which I did. When I finished, I left him on the bed naked as I dressed and snatched the money left on the dresser.

At some point, I need to talk Carter into recruiting males, which are twinks. They can earn a lot of money from clients. She's always been against it, but I heard they were an outrageous demand. Between them and Lacey, we could make an obscene amount of money.

I preferred when they came willingly, like Lacey. It took little to bring her in, especially when I found Alyana. She thought she could walk away with no repercussions. She gave up her child in return for her freedom. Everything has a price, and hers only cost her daughter.

I arrived home and walked into my house, setting my keys down as Sharlene greeted me. "Well," Sharlene asked.

"I have a plan which keeps us in business for a very long time," I smirked as she smiled at me.

"You were right; she's not dazzling," she snickered as I scoffed.

"Take a kid who has nothing, turning her into something, and it's only a matter of time before they return. I'll give them a few days, then take care of business," I smirked as she gave me a knowing look.

Lacey would return to us because we owned her like the other girls. She complies or suffers the consequences. I'm sure she'll see things our way. I'm optimistic about it.