17

Everything happened so slow and it felt like a movie climax. My heartbeat increased and my breathing became heavy. I kept looking at him with an incredulous feeling. Dante's situation was not any better than me. His fist were clenched tightly making his knuckles turn white. His blue eyes had turned dark and his face screamed danger.

"What did you just say?" Dante asked, looking straight at him, but he didn't even flinch. If it were to be someone looking at me with that intensity, I would have surely pissed my pants.

"Exactly what you heard," Was his genius reply. He was not a least affected by his dark aura, those dark eyes, tight fist which I was sure he was ready to throw at any moment now.

He was asking for his death.

"Is it true?" Dante asked, turning his body towards me and I didn't know what to do than just stare at him with a confused face and a puzzled brain.

"Yes, babe, please enlighten him." I looked at him and he gave me that look. You know the look that screams 'Go with the flow'? Exactly, that look.

After looking at him with the last questioning gaze, I turned towards Dante and nodded my head because once again, I am not good with words. Opening my mouth and ruining the moment for everyone was definitely not what I needed right now.

"Just a second before you told me you both were friends." He emphasized on the word 'friends' and I racked my brain quickly to give him a perfect answer.

"We were trying to keep it at bay."

"Really, now?"

"Yes, we just got together few days back." He asked, taunting me and stepped closer, "Then enlighten me," he emphasized on the word 'enlighten' and looked at Klaus before continuing looking at me, "Why didn't you want to fucking kiss me that day and why did your brother think that you are not a fucking virgin anymore?" My mouth fell open in shock when he said those words.

Did he just—?

Before my brain could process anything, my hand flew across his cheek and the corridor echoed from the sound. Thank goodness, there was no one else in the corridor except the three of us.

"I didn't want to kiss you because you are an arrogant and a rude person who doesn't care about anyone's feelings. Not everyone can like you and it's high time you realise it." I said, angrily.

"I never hurt someone intentionally." His voice came in a whisper and I snickered angrily.

"Do you want me to remind you that day. The day when you decided to embarrass me and made me feel so low of myself? The day which led me to ignore you and maybe that was the exact reason why I didn't want to kiss you!" I spoke in one single breath and stepped back a little creating a good distance between us.

That incident was still fresh in my head, but I was trying to forget everything and move on. I was trying to give him a chance, but why did I even think that a guy like him could ever change? They hurt once and they hurt always.

"I have already apologise to you for that!" He retorted and I could see genuineness in his eyes.

"And I did forgive you Dante, but you messed up big time today." I whispered and walked away with Klaus hot on my tail. Before leaving the school, I turned towards him and spoke, "One more thing, we are not together." I didn't turn back after that, not even once, because I knew that if I did, I would end up forgiving him because that was how I rolled.

Too caring, too forgiving and it's not even good.

Once we were out of the school, I leaned my body against the wall and took a deep breath. The flashback of what just happened started haunting my brain and I shook my head trying to get rid of such thoughts. I didn't want to think about him, my life has revolved around him enough to survive the life time.

"You okay?" Klaus asked, leaning on the wall as well.

"No, atleast not after the stunt you pulled in the corridor." I said, honestly.

"I am sorry, I just had to get some facts."

"What facts?"

"Nothing you need to worry about, babe." He laughed at his own humorless joke and I just gave him a flat look.

"Okay, okay, no need to kill me with that look." He said, and continued after a long pause, "That's a different thing, it won't even kill a fly." And that was enough for me to smack his head, which he just laughed it off.

We went to class after that and currently, it was the last period. Luckily, it was mathematics and me being the classic nerd, loved that subject with all my heart. The bell rang signifying the end of the period and now, it was time to leave. For once, I was glad that mathematics was the last subject for today because it made me forget about a certain someone.

I packed my bag and walked towards the parking with Stella and Ethan by my side as all of us shared the same last subject today. After chatting and laughing for a while, we parted ways and by we, I meant Ethan and I as Stella had to take her mother somewhere.

"Here's your destination." Ethan spoke in a classic British accent as I laughed hard.

"P-Please Ethan, don't you ever, like ever speak in that accent again." I said, while laughing and got off the car.

"Mom, I am home!" I yelled, as soon as I entered the home and was instantly met with a fresh aroma of Chinese and roasted potatoes.

Looks like mom is in a good mood.

Good for me.

"Sweetheart, you're back." She spoke, as I entered the kitchen following the beautiful aroma.

"Yep."

Just as I was about to leave kitchen, she dropped the bomb.

"Sarah and I are going shopping today, so you are assigned the duty of babysitting Dante."

"What, why?! Isn't his dad home?"

"No, sweetie. His dad has a long day ahead. Now, be a good girl and go to your room, get fresh. Food will be ready in the next ten minutes."

"Mom, he is a grown boy! He can take care of himself. Also, don't you feel a bit scared of leaving the both of us alone? Leaving me alone with a boy with hormonal problems?" All my mom did was raise her eyebrows and continued doing what she was doing before.

"Fine!" I stomped my foot and walked away when she yelled through the kitchen, "Make sure to be ready by five!"

And the day just went worse.

••••••••

A kind request: Read my new book called, "Rage" please?

Thank you.

I was not going to update today, but then I read your comments, you guys wanted a new chapter ASAP, so here it is

Leave your thoughts on how you're liking this story.

Share it with your friends and family.

Oh, and don't forget to press that cute little star right in the bottom.

Xoxo.