reunite.

if you're reading this, skip to some of my later oneshots as these are nowhere as near as good as the ones i've produced lately, but if you want to start from the beginning and see my growth over the next few months go right ahead <3

- kami [ october 14, 2019 ]

*** i recommend staring at "it was cold outside" ✨☁️

kaycee's hand flew to her cheek as the stinging sensation turned her face into a vibrant crimson red.

tears threaten to spill as kaycee stared at the boy across from her. his arm still raised high.

kaycee felt as if she was shrinking smaller and smaller as she looked up to his angered eyes.
"gabe, im sorry." she cried as she curled into a ball on the floor.

this was kaycee's life. it repeated and repeated, like a broken record. he came home after a little too much to drink and the rest was a blur to her.

she don't know what changed in him. it started off small, name calling during arguments, then overprotectiveness, he wouldn't let her wear clothes that were a little to revealing, he didn't like her friends, so he made her get new ones, his friends. little by little he was causing her pain, but she didn't see that until it became physical.

the first time he hit her, he told her he would never do it again. he said that each time he his hand made contact with her.

kaycee picked herself up from the cold tile, and locked herself in the bathroom. she cried, and cried until there were no more tears left. and just like every time, she cleaned herself up and walked out, like nothing ever happened.

2:36 am:

kaycee scolded herself as something she knocked down fell to the floor. she quickly picked it up and continued sorting her belongings in pitch darkness, trying her absolute hardest not to make a peep.

she slowly opened the door, screeching as she slid through the back of the house. she ran with her keys in her hand and her belongings in the other. the engine roared as she fled away from the house, as fast as she possibly could.

her eyes fell onto the mirror as she held back a sob, she saw a distorted version of the girl she used to be.

her face was painted and blue by the artist she thought she knew. her heart broke as she looked back at the mistreated girl in the mirror, "who would hurt a girl like you?" she asked as tears fell onto her cheek. "someone who doesn't love you."

kaycee's eyes blurred with tears to the point she had to pull over, because she couldn't see the car in front of her. sobs rose from her chest as her head laid on the steering wheel, wetting it with her salty tears.

she got back on the road after she was able to calm herself down.

she felt as if she were driving forever until she reached her destination. everything was still the same. she remembers it like the back of her hand, all the times she spent at this house, most of the memories she cherished began here.

her fingers nervously fiddled with the keys as she walked up the steps to the door. she hesitantly, knocked as she quickly backed away from the door.