Chapter 27

Ava's POV

"I don't think I can do this." I said looking at the crystal silver pointy toe design stiletto heels that Adele brought in.

" I said looking at the crystal silver pointy toe design stiletto heels that Adele brought in

"You can. Don't worry. I'll teach you all the hacks I know. You will be okay. Even I get difficulties in wearing if I haven't wore them for a long time."

"But I have never worn heels before. This is the first time. "

"What! Not even once!"

I shook my head. I always wore flats or converse shoes. They are really comfortable especially while running errands with a baby on my hip.

"There's still time. Thank God I came early to show you the outfit. You can practice for a while."

"Oh no. Just tell your brother that I'm not fit to go."

"Yeah like he would believe me. His instructions were clear to get you ready on time. I know my brother. Trust me on this you don't want to mess with him now."

"Ughhh fine. Tell him to pay my hospital bill if I trip and break my leg."

She laughed. "Don't worry. He won't let you fall. Now, try them on."

I strapped the heels and stood up. Took a deep breath. Here goes nothing....

One step, two step,three step and thud!!! Pulling Adele along with me.

"Oh Adele I'm so sorry. Are you okay?"

"I'm fine. Are you okay?"

"Yup didn't break a leg."

"Okay let's do this again."

"What no!" I whined.

"Oh shush. You'll get better with practise. C'mon now get up."

____________________________________

"Why can't I look again?" I asked. Adele is currently doing my hair. She had done my makeup but wasn't letting me see it.

"Because I want you to see with everything done and I'm not done with you yet. "

"I'm like a doll you're dressing up." I ssid giggling.

"I know right. Except this doll can actually tell me how she feels after the makeover. "

"You can do so much. You have your own boutique in Paris. You are about to start a make up line. You are well established ."

"It's a lot I know but you see our father raised us to be competitive. I don't like to sit idle when my brothers are probably chasing success. "

"You are successful Adele. You should be proud." I said sadly. Where would I be if I had joined university? I wanted to study literature but I declined. I refused my future for looking after Caroline. She was family and I couldn't abandon her. Do I regret it? No. But a part of me still wishes to continue my studies, have a career.