Twelve

‼️this chapter contains mentions and descriptions of abuse‼️

Zayn

My phone started to vibrate which meant that mine and Penelope's pie were done. So I stood up and told her that I was going to get the pie, Penelope just nodded in response with her eyes still glued to the TV.

I came into the kitchen and took a potholder and walked over to the oven so I then could take the pie out. It looked gold-ish brown, which usually was a good sign! I put it under a rag to be able to keep the heat, since I didn't know when the boys would be coming home.

When I was done with that I walked into to the living room again and saw Penelope in the exact same position as she was in when I walked away.

She looked so cute, but you could clearly see that she was sick since she had a runny nose and just looked simply tired. She had a red nose and red cheeks, and in her arms the little white bunny laid as she kept a tight grip on him. It was kind of cute how she had a colorful band-aid on both her chin and knee, but boy let me tell you she's a clumsy girl. She has hurt herself accidentally more times the time she's been her then I have in like a year.

Or maybe it's just us that can't keep an eye on her.

"How are you feeling sweet cheeks?" I asked as I sat down and patted her knee.

"The same as I did when you asked five minutes ago" she smirked, almost started to giggle at her own response.

"Sassy are we?" I joked as I snapped my fingers in a 'Z' gesture. She just giggled her little cute giggle.

"I'm not sassy" she laughed.

"Oh yes you are" I chortled as I started to tickle her sides.

"No, no! Zayn stop!" She laughed as she tried to wiggle herself out of it.

"Only when you admit to me that you are sassy" I said as I still tickled her.

"No!" She said as she laughed.

"Honey I'm home" I heard someone yell, probably Niall. Which meant that they were back.

"Hi!" I laughed as I still kept a close eye on Penelope.

"Help!...I need help!" Penelope screamed in between laughs.

"What's going on?" Louis asked as he entered the living room with the boys after him, they all surely looked confused over the whole situation.

"This little one said she wasn't sassy, but I can tell you that she is, she just don't want to admit to it" I said as I still tickled her. "Do you want me to continue?" I asked as I looked down at her.

"N-o-o" She laughed, desperately trying to get out of it.

"So are you a little sassy then?" I asked.

"Yeah" she admitted so I let go. "Thanky..." she sighed, relief overflowing her as she took a minute to calm down.

"No problem" I chuckled as I put my hand around her shoulder.

"You may be a little bit sassy, but you will never be as sassy as the sass master from Doncaster" Niall suddenly said as he sat himself next to her.

"Who's that?" She asked looking confused.

"Who's that?" Louis cried out as he imitated her, holding a hand over his chest

"Is it you?" She asked as she looked at Louis.

"Is it you?" He cried out again, "Ah Penelope, Penelope. Yes of course it's me who else would it be?!" Louis shouted.

"And why are you that?" Penelope asked while she fidgeted with Elliot.