23.

Namjoon opened his eyes and the first thing he saw was a ceiling, presumably of his own home. The second thing which caught his attention was some murmuring which stopped as he stirred awake.

He sat up to see Nana seated right opposite him, a bandage on her head. His head felt a little heavy. He tried to recall everything that had happened before he had passed away but nothing came up in his mind.

"Nana", he said softly and the girl stood up and placed herself near him. "What happened? Why do I have a cast and why is your head wrapped in a bandage?"

The girl was silent before she spoke. "We had a little accident. You were injured and passed out. We got you treated and brought you home"

The us of the term 'we' made him suddenly aware of the presence of two unfamiliar male faces in the room. Almost sensing his discomfort, Nana spoke.

"These are my friends. They helped us out"

His mouth formed a little 'o' as he bowed to them slightly, not in the mood for pleasantries. The men must have understood his situation as they themselves avoided initiating a conversation.

"What accident?", he asked curiously, picking off her words from before.

"Uh.. we got wrongly involved with a drunk mob. One of them pushed you and you hit your head on the pavement, so I hit him. And then his mates hit me back and it became a full brawl with me breaking a beer bottle on their head. But Taehyung and Hoseok found us in time or else I would have wiped them out from the face of this earth"

Nana looked at Namjoon anxiously hoping he would believe the lie. I could feel Taehyung's eyes on me as he gave me a 'the fuck' look while Hoseok licked his lips and folded them inwards to stop himself from breaking into a chuckle at my story where I shamelessly glorified myself as an asskicker while in reality I had been weeping like a child at the sight of the monsters.

"We got into a brawl.. that is strange", Namjoon stared at the floor and I almost held my breath. "Anyway, my head hurts. I am going to be sleeping inside.. I can't really figure out anything"

He stood up to go in but stopped as he turned back. "Forgive me if I am rude Hoseok-ssi and Taehyung-ssi, I am not in my best state right now. Please make yourself at home and feel free to crash in the guest room if you don't have a place to stay. I will greet you better in the morning", he said while slightly bowing his head.

"Don't worry about us Namjoon-ssi, please take care of yourself. You must rest and we will be fine. Thank you for the offer.."

Namjoon nodded as he left the three before heading to his own room. As soon as he left, I turned to Hoseok. "Whatever you did to wipe his memory, didn't work well because he seems to not believe my lies"

Hoseok grunted. "He didn't believe your lie because it is not believable at all. Maybe if you didn't make yourself sound like Kim Possible, he would have believed you. Don't blame my powers for it"

I clicked my tongue in annoyance at being insulted like this. "Anyway, now that I have seen everything, can I get an explanation?", I turned to Taehyung. "If you want me to come home, then you better tell me what is going on or else the door is right there"

Taehyung sighed and looked at Hoseok who averted his gaze but spoke "Guess we cannot hide it anymore"

"Nana, you probably know your father is an angel and your mother a human. Since you are a mix, in the underworld and in the heavens, you would be called a halfling. Not that it's a slang or disrespectful, it's just we couldn't find a more appropriate term for this blend hence the term. Anyway, the thing with halflings is that 6 months before you turn 21, your body goes through a transformation or genesis"