Chapter 9

On one random day, in Albus's second year, the floo tube fires up and Albus steps through. Ginny frowns "Why are you not at school?"

"Scorpio's mum died, and the headmistress suggested I come home to comfort him." Albus sighs and I look to Ginny in concern.

In an instance, Albus and I step out into the Malfoy house. Scorpio sits on the couch, sniffling. Draco stands in the kitchen, his back to me. Something is burning on the stove.

Scorpio and Albus walk off to talk in the other room and I step in to trash a very badly burnt pancake "Thanks, Ozzy." Malfoy speaks, numbly, before snapping out of it "Harry, what are you doing here?"

I give a weak smile, before asking "What are you trying to make?"

"Pancakes." Draco sighs and I nod, before he explains "Pancakes cheer Scorpio up when he's upset."

"I'll make them." I declare and he gives a weak smile, before stepping forward and hugging me. After a long moment, he sobs out and I sigh "Let it out."

~

The viewing was later on that night. Astoria is displayed on the kitchen table. Although she's dressed rather nicely, Draco wears a pair of sweatpants, and a long sleeve shirt. The only people there, my family, the Weasleys, and the two wizards that rid of the body.

Draco sighs "When we first met, we didn't even know each other. We agreed to run away together, on the fact that we were both pureblood and our families were both loyalist of the dark lord."

Scorpio looks to his dad as he continues "After years of us living together, I loved her, yes, but she was not the love of my life. We were too alike."

"Then who is?" Scorpio asks and Draco looks to him "I know you loved mum, but who do you really love?"

He sets his jaw, before sighing "That would take a lot of explaining. Just know that your mother is the only woman I have ever loved."

Scorpio frowns, before asking "Dad, are you gay?" Draco presses his lips into a fine line and Scorpio shrugs "I don't care if you are, but it would be nice to know. Dumbledore was gay."

Draco sighs, before kneeling down to Scorpio and taking hold of his shoulders, gently "My sexuality, does not change how I felt about your mummy, darling."

"I know." Scorpio nods, before moving Draco's hair out of his face "I was just wondering!" he gives a weak smile.

"Not gay." Draco sighs, before shrugging "Not straight." Scorpio nods and Draco adjust his son's tie "But I will not concern you about my love life."

Scorpio smiles, before nudging Draco "My gay dad." he messes with Draco's hair "Should have seen it sooner."

Draco has grown out his hair, to a chin length, and he has a stubbly beard. Instead of platinum blonde, it's faded into a dirty blonde, almost honey.

He scoffs, before sighing "Of course you would joke at a time like this. Are you done saying goodbye to mum?"

"I said goodbye to mum a long time ago." Scorpio sighs, before looking to the table "I know you did, too."

Draco steps forward and sits on the edge of the table, before taking Astoria's hand in his. After a long moment, he places her hand back and looks to the two wizards "We're ready."

Once the body is gone, Draco sighs and steps out of the room. Scorpio looks to me and asks "Can Albus sleep over tonight?"

I sigh and look at the door Draco just closed "I think we'll both be staying the night, tonight."

~

The next morning, I wake up and groan at the discomfort of the couch. When I sit up, I find Draco lounging in the hot tub outside.

Silently, I step out of the house and he looks back to me with a tired smile "I didn't expect you to stay."

I step forward and lean on the side of the tub "You shouldn't be alone, right now." I insist and he nods.

"It's weird." he sighs, before declaring "I know she's gone, and I don't feel her anymore, but I don't feel anything, emotionally."

I mess with a lock of his hair and sigh "You've already used up all the emotional pain you had for her." I declare "It's normal."

He gives a weak smile, before insisting "Come on. Get in." I frown and he hums "Don't make me soak alone."

After stripping to my boxers, I slip in and sigh at the relief of the heat "This is nice. When did you get this?"

"I've had it since we moved in." he smirks, before sighing "I'm sorry, Harry. I never told you that in person."

I give a confused look, before asking "Sorry for what?" he gives a knowing look "There's nothing to be sorry for."

He sighs again, before pondering "I wonder what would've happened, if I wouldn't have left, all those years ago."

I think for a second, before reminding "You realize that was over twenty years ago, right?" He gives a short nod and I frown "Why are you thinking about that?"

He stares into the bubbles, before declaring "You were the love of my life." I raise an eyebrow to him and he scoffs "Don't worry, I know you'll never leave your wife for me."

We sit in silence for a long moment, before I shake my head "You left me there." he looks to me as my eyes whell up "You left me to find the bed empty! I loved you, and you left me there!"

He gives a shocked look and I look out into the woods. After the blurriness subsides, he asks "Any possibility that you still feel like that?"

I growl "I hate you." He's silent for awhile, but I continue "I hate you for leaving me. For being so kind to me, like I was special." I take in a shakey breath, before looking back to him to find him hurt "Even after all of that, I don't hate you. Not even a little bit. Not at all." he gives a shocked look, before I ask "How did you do it?"

He moves to face me better, before frowning "How did I do what?"

"Break me." I state and he gives a soft sigh "After all the shit you put me through, I would have still crawlen back to you if you called." I shake my head "Why didn't you call?"

He looks down at the bubbles again and replys with a simple "I don't know." he whispers, before clearing his throat "I just didn't think you would want to see me."

I give a weak smile "You'll be seeing a lot more of me, then." he gives a confused look and I shrug "You're a part of my life, no matter if you like it or not."