Destiny

When you take a risk in any form of life, you risk succeeding or failing. Without risk, you never know if either happens. If you live in fear that one day you may wake up alone and miserable with no happiness.

Sometimes destiny steps in and helps us take that risk knowing what's best for us then what is best for ourselves. Sometimes you have to take a leap of faith in hopes someone catches you before you fall.

Vincent

I finished dressing and pulled my suit coat on as I button my cuff links. I heard the front door open, expecting Cruz to bring me to the office. Walking out of my bedroom, I said, "I'll be late tonight."

"Would that because you choose your work over your life?" I heard someone asked me as I turned to see Lacey standing there.

"Lacey," I spoke as I felt emotions erupt inside me.

She strolled toward me. "What are you doing, Vincent?"

"I don't believe that's any of your business. You left," I told Lacey. She looked at me. "Would you have stayed if I told you?" It was a question I needed Lacey to answer.

"You didn't give me that option," she claimed.

I stood there and furrowed my brows at her.

"I am so sick of everyone deciding what I should and shouldn't know! I'm tired of opening up to someone and wondering if I turn around and be alone!" She yelled.

"What do you want from me, Lacey?" I barked at her.

"I want you to continue your treatments!" She shouted.

"Why? Give me one damn excellent reason?" I snapped at her.

We stood there, looking at each other as tears fell down her cheeks. "Because I'll never forgive you if you die after you made me fall in love with you," Lacey confessed. I looked at her as she stood there, biting her lip.

"You love me?" I questioned her, wanting to make sure what I heard is correct.

"You make it damn hard not to love you," Lacey admitted as I looked at her, then broke the distance between us. I pulled her to me, crashing my lips into hers.

Our kisses grew hungrier as we continued. After a few minutes, we broke from our kiss, and I looked at Lacey. "I love you so damn much."

She looked at me and cried as I wiped her tears.

"Why did you leave?" I asked.

She looked at me, "Rafe paid me a visit on our last day together," she admitted as I looked at her with seriousness. "He said all these things, but he wasn't the reason I left. I left because, for once, I needed to fight for myself, so I did."

"What did you do?" I asked her.

"I left the business," she told me as I looked at her, surprised. "That's not my life anymore, and I want more in life than to be an escort."

"Which means?" I questioned, gazing at her.

She took a deep breath. "I want to be with you. I accept your offer Vincent on one condition."

"Anything," I offered.

"You need to continue your treatments," she told me.

"Okay, but I have a condition of my own," I replied as she looked at me.

"What's that?" Lacey asked.

"You move into the house," I said to Lacey as she gave me a look.

"You and that damn house," she rolled her eyes. I chuckled as she shook her head before I pulled her into a kiss.

Lacey changed my life the minute she walked into my office. Not only did she change my life, but I changed hers. I would do it all over again if I had a chance.

Sometimes business is a business; then, there's one time it leads you to find love in the most unexpected place. It started with a meeting of two different but similar worlds.

Joe

"On the count of three," I whispered to my men. I counted down, then kicked open the door to Carter Foley's office. Screams erupted from the staff and the girls there. We entered with guns held out.

"FBI!" I announced as my men pointed their guns at everyone. I instructed them to search the office for both Carter and Rafe. I had men arrest the employees while other men escorted most of the girls out.

Once it was clear, one man came out, placing their gun back into their holster. "Well," I asked him.

"They're gone," he informed me.

"Damn it. Well, Carter and Rafe aren't getting far. I need them found," I ordered them as they nodded.

After the agency's bust, I paid a visit to Rafe's home. We entered, announcing ourselves finding only Sharlene there. We arrested her.

"Where's Rafe?" I questioned her.

"I don't know. Rafe said he would meet a client, then collect Lacey," she admitted, not realizing they left her to take the fall. You have got to love when you go down for a crime because of others.

They led her out as my phone rang. I answered it to hear Cruz deliver delightful news to me. After speaking for a while, I hung up. At least she's safe.

"Take her to headquarters," I instructed them as we left Rafe's house.

Rafe

"I want her found, and I want her dead!" Carter ranted to me as I sat on the couch in our safe house miles away from Cedar City.

"We need to lie low for a while. The feds are crawling all over the place," I informed Carter. She poured a tumbler of bourbon and downed it before pouring another glass.

"Fine, but the minute we have a chance, she pays for disregarding my warning," she announced. She took a sip of her bourbon.

"Don't worry, a leopard never changes their spots," I smirked.

Lacey didn't know it, but her decision numbered her days. No one betrays Carter and lives to tell about it, not now, never.

To continue to The Businessman's Girlfriend.