Chapter Three

On their way back to the apartment, Lawson invited Nate back to his dorm. His afternoon class had been canceled, and the next class either of them would need to go to was Chemistry, so his amount of free time for the day had increased dramatically.

To Lawson's surprise, Nathan cracked a smile at the offer, before saying, "that's a lot of time for us to spend together, don't you think?"

Lawson laughed, because it was a lot of time for them to spend together, but he'd rather put up with it than have Nathan be lonely. This seemed to be understood and appreciated by his friend because he thanked Lawson, but then rejected the offer, claiming he was going to take a nap until they had class, and he would rather do so without Wesley ogling him the entire time. This was probably an accurate summary of what would commence if Nate returned with Lawson, so he understood perfectly, and dropped Nate off at the door to his apartment without another word about it.

For some reason, Wesley found Nanthan to be just as attractive as himself- this was not even close to being true, in Lawson's opinion- and he enjoyed making Nate as uncomfortable as possible whenever he came around to their room, which, because of this, wasn't often. Lawson actually found the whole situation incredibly funny, though he'd never admit that to either Wesely or Nathan, for two very different reasons.

As he contemplated this, Lawson found a parking spot relatively close to his building, reducing his walk from the typical twenty minutes it usually took to a few short minutes. Many of the students attending the college were like him, from the area, so during the week the parking lots were often filled with the cars of computers, and they didn't clear until the library closed at one in the morning.

The extra time could be nice if Lawson actually took advantage of it instead of sitting on his phone all afternoon. He did have a new assignment for his short stories class, even though it had been canceled- he had received it via email while on the court with Nathan- and it was one of those things that if he didn't do immediately, he wasn't likely to do it at all.

He entered his room, and immediately it was clear to him that Wesley wasn't expecting him. Hastily, Lawson apologized, throwing his hands up to cover his face just in case. After an incident that involved Wesley, no clothing, a cell phone, his boyfriend, and bad timing from Lawson, they had agreed to always let one another know when they were going to be returning to the room at any time they were supposed to be in class.

There were a moment of pause, and then Wesley laughed loudly. "I'm clothed, you idiot," Wesley assured, and Lawson dropped his hands from his face, finally allowing himself to look at the room. Wesley was laying across his bed on his stomach, his laptop open on the pillows. Delaney's face was on the screen. "Guess my cloths are staying on, babe". Even though Lawson couldn't see Wesley's face, he knew his roomate had winked.

"I'd hope so, Lawson looked horrified with the idea of you naked," Del responded, voice even. From what Lawson could see of the computer screen, Delaney's attention was elsewhere, most likely on some kind of school work. If that was the case, it was impressive. Lawson knew first hand how difficult it was to get work done with Wesley constantly talking at you.

"I can go-" Lawson began to offer.

Delaney's voice interrupted him from the computer. "He was joking. His clothes weren't actually about to come off. You're fine". Wesley pouted at his boyfriend and Lawson nodded, still a bit unsure.

Delaney was attending a university about an hour minutes west of them, and the distance seemed to make Wesley's obsession with his boyfriend grow- or at least Lawson hoped it wasn't always this bad for Del's sake. Over the weeks of living with Wesley, Lawson had actually become quite well acquainted with the boyfriend, due to weekend visits- there had been two already in their four weeks of living together- and Wesley's need to include Lawson in on their conversations whenever he was in the room while they were video chatting.