Dutch van der Linde: Civil Agreement Part 2

Dutch van der Linde x Female Gang Leader Reader

Summary: After a job goes south, the gang leaders are forced to reach an agreement

Word Count: 2220

Your gang had been working with the van der Linde Gang for a little while know, you estimated that it was about a month now. You had met the other gang and you got along with most of them. Your two gangs had come together a few times for parties of sorts, mainly to keep up morale and to let the two gangs get to know each other.

The two gangs had been one a few jobs together and they had all gone well, a small hitch here or there but nothing to worry about. You and Dutch had to work rather closely of course, having to keep the gang running and working together. You often found yourselves sitting together and drinking, at first you only talked about the gangs, the agreement, telling each other a little about the members of your gangs to let them know who worked best with who and who did what better. It had been strictly business but slowly you both began to talk about more personal things, like how and why your gangs formed, how you both became leaders of your gangs, and even about how you both got into the outlaw life. You began to just enjoy each other's company.

You rode back into your camp, followed by the others. "Somebody get her to a tent, if she bleeds out she won't be the only one we bury" you threatened as you dismounted your horse and hitched him just outside the camp.

The last job went south, quickly and badly. The law showed up, one of Dutch's men made a scene and it got one of the women from your gang shot. You watched as she was assisted towards her tent, you were pretty sure that she would be fine but you were all bent out of shape after what happened. "You" you snapped, turning to Dutch as he dismounted his horse. "I want to see you in my tent, now" you told him sternly before turning to the man who caused this whole mess in the first place. "As for you, Mr Bell, I don't want you stepping foot in this camp until that bucket wound is healed over" you told him.

You knew that sometimes you seemed like a harsh person but sometimes you had to be like that to survive. Your gang loved you, you were a fair leader and at this moment they all felt the same way as you and they wouldn't hold it against you if you shot the blonde outlaw right then and there.

Micah huffed and rolled his eyes before turning his horse around and riding away, even he knew better than to test you when you were in a bad mood.

"Tent. Now" you snapped at Dutch, pointing towards your tent. Dutch opened his mouth to speak but decided against it before wandering over to you tent, other members of you gang send glares his way. Some of Dutch's gang tried not to snicker and he disappeared into your tent like a scolded child.

"Miss L/N, take it easy on him" Hosea smiled sympathetically at you, he knew and understood why you were upset but he also knew that you and Dutch cared for each other.

"I'm sure he's tougher than he looks" you huffed.

The members of his gang chuckled to themselves, they knew that you were both going to argue, probably scream at each other, but you would work it out. They were pretty confident that this wouldn't end in a gang war, you had become friends after all. "Anyway, grab a drink or something, God knows we all need one" you sighed, trying to calm yourself down before going to talk to Dutch.

They all nodded and filed into the camp before you turned and walked towards your tent. You stepped inside, seeing Dutch standing in the centre of your tent with his hands folded behind his back. You turned and closed the canvas behind you before turning back to Dutch. You took your hat off and threw it to the side, having it land on the table to the side. You crossed your arms over your chest and looked at him with a stern expression.