20

"That's like your fifth pair of black heels, T." Ashton complained as I slipped my foot into the shoe. "They all look the same."

"You shouldn't complain if you offered to come along and spoil me." I warned, standing up from my seat and testing the mechanics in the shoes. I didn't really need another black heel, but if Ashton was paying, then why not?

"How do they fit?" The cute brunette employee asked. Her strong accent adding to her cuteness.

"She'll take them," Ashton stood up, annoyed. "Lets just drop these off and get dinner."

He shoved the money at the brunette, not caring if the amount was wrong or right. Of course, the employee didn't care either. Having Ashton Irwin in her store was a blessing in its self because that meant exposure for the brand.

The sound of crinkling paper made me laugh (on the inside) every time I heard it. It was a reminder that Ashton couldn't say no to me. He was carrying about ten bags, about to be eleven. Such a reliable gentlemen...when he wanted to be.

We decided on a poorly lit restaurant for dinner. It was an alright choice for my last night in Paris. Ashton was talking about the short tour that was coming up soon and I was spacing out. What if there was actually no tour? It was hard to feel convinced by his words as I felt like everything was either a lie or there was more to the story. He stopped talking once the waiter took our orders.

I broke one of the rules of the trip, no phones.

Tessa: CAN'T BELIEVE SARAH SHOWED UP!!!!
Sasha: Ugh, can we please send her away??
Tessa: Who do we talk to, to excommunicate the bitch? Obama? The Pope? The Queen?
Alya: She literally has me reading stories to her stomach right now.
Alya: She keeps complaining about Ashton not being here.
Tessa: Wait, where is Ashton???
Me: He may or may not be with me in Paris right now.
Alya: Talia please return him.
Me: I might just keep him if Sarah's going crazy
Sasha: Maybe she'll go crazy enough that her head will fall off
Tessa: Her poor kid is going to have such a terrible mom. It's almost sad...
Alya: With any luck Ashton won't go through with the wedding and take the kid from her.
Me: How far along is she?
Alya: Maybe four months or so. Ashton was really excited when he found out...or so she says...
Sasha: Complete shit. We all know Ashton was about to shit himself when he broke the news to all of us.
Tessa: I'm already planning a Tashton wedding so lets talk about Talia instead of Sarah.
Tessa: How's Paris?
Me: It's lovely. Everything is really great. The sex. The food. The people. The clothes.
Sasha: YOU AND ASHTON HAD SEX?
Me: Three times last night.
Alya: wtf Luke can barely last one round
Tessa: I went five rounds with Mikey once
Sasha: Two with Cal.
Tessa: Luke's a little bitch anyway
Alya: Excuse you!
Sasha: Hahahaha!
Me: Oh my god!
Tessa: What? It's true!
Alya: Okay you need to stop hanging out with Michael so much. He has corrupted you.
Me: Don't stop hanging out with Michael!!!!
Sasha: The four of us need to hang out again once Talia is back.
Tessa: And plot the "sudden" disappearance of Sarah?
Alya: PLEASE
Me: I'm up for it!
Me: Have to go! Ashton is making me put my phone down.

"Who were you talking to?" Ashton asked as he removed his jacket, letting it rest of the back of his chair.

"Noelle and Jet." Lies. Lies. Lies. "I was just checking in on things." So many lies, but I loved how they could easily pour from my mouth in times like this.

"We still have two more days here." He stated. "There's so much to do and I think all we've done is shopped, ate, and had sex."

"It doesn't get quite better than those three things." I sipped on the most expensive wine that was on the menu. Ashton was about to say no, but I shot him a look and he quickly agreed to having the specific wine. It wasn't my preferred taste, but seeing Ashton continue to shell out money was incredible.

"Are you okay?" He gave me a skeptic look. "You haven't been yourself today..."

"I'm fine." I giggled behind the wine glass.

The light musters of French accents surrounded me and made for great background noise. Couples at other tables were holding hands from across each other, leaning in for sweet kisses every so often, and shooting flirtatious eyes. What a shame that couldn't be me and Ashton right now.

"You sure?"

"I guess."

"T."

"I'm okay."

"No you're not."

"Alright." I groaned. "I'm not. Whatever, it's not a big deal."

"What's wrong?"

The waiter served our food, but I had no urge to eat anymore. Not like this. All it took was a sudden change of events to put off my appetite and made me want to puke all over the fine white table cloth underneath my nose.

"When were you going to tell me that Sarah was pregnant?" I crossed my arms, propping my elbows on the table as I leaned forward.

Ashton gulped audibly, not giving me eye contact.

"Was it something you forgot? Or did you just plan to keep it from me for as long as you could?" No sense of emotion was in my voice. "Do I wanna know?" Pause. "Actually, don't even answer that." I pulled my jacket on and grabbed my purse as I stood up. "I don't want your excuses, Irwin. That's all you've ever been." I slipped my purse on, marching out of the restaurant while trying to recollect my cool.

"T!" Ashton shouted. I could picture him in my head running out of the restaurant in one of the most cliche Hollywood ways. It was gag worthy. "You can't walk back to the hotel alone." He said calmly as he caught up with me.

"I'm a big girl Ashton," I said slowly as I continued to walk forward through the sidewalk full of people. "I can get there myself without any trouble."

"Someone could take off with you."

"Like it would even matter to you." I stopped in my tracks, sharply turning towards him.

"You do matter, T!" Ashton said behind his teeth, trying not to get upset with me. "Don't think otherwise."

"What else are you hiding?" I ignored the curious stares. "What else aren't you telling me?"

"Just that," He sighed. "That's the only thing."

That wouldn't be enough to convince me. Ever.

"I wasn't even sure she was going to keep the baby." He started. "She was dead set on an abortion because she didn't want to be pregnant at the wedding." His eyes glazed over with tears.

No, water works were not going to make things better right now. Tears were not going to make me feel bad about anything.

"I was going to tell you, but I couldn't find the right moment to. You and I were doing so well, we were going back to the way things used to be and I couldn't ruin that." He rocked back and forth on his heels. "I love you, T."

"I called off my wedding for this to happen." I almost felt like I was on fire in the midst of the cold night air. "I've done so many terrible things, I've jeopardized what I had with Dick, only for you to have a child on the way."

"Did you really call off your wedding?" He tried to hide that hint of surprise in his voice.

"Not publicly yet." I chuckled. "But thank God because that would've been the biggest mistake I could make. Calling off my wedding to be with Ashton Irwin..." I shook my head. "It has a pathetic ring to it, don't you agree?"

"Look," He grabbed my hands, but I pulled them away. Sadness filling his eyes once more. "We'll make this work."

"I've heard it all before, Ashton. I've heard that before." I scoffed. "Just because the words are coming from you does not mean I will believe them."

"T, stop being like this." He begged.

"I've got a plane to catch back to New York." I stared him down. "I'll see you around, Irwin."

I pulled my phone from my purse, starting a new conversation with Dick.

Me: Sorry, I've been busy with work.
Me: We'll make this work.
Me: See you soon.