9.) Shopping Trips

"Is it a human?" I breathed.

"Yes. I am a human." The thing responded.

I looked it up and down again with big, dreadful eyes. "Are you sure?"

"I'm positive." It said. I could tell in its deep voice that it was amused.

"I-I don't think so." I choked. My eyes only came to his broad chest that was covered in a thin black t-shirt that squeezed his bulging muscles.

"My name is Darren." It said.

"Holly, let's go." Ryder said from beside me.

I spun around to look at him, to get away from this... thing but was only faced with another one of them. I jumped and let out a terrified squeal. "There's two of them!" I squealed.

"Yeah, I usually have two body guards with me. Now, let's go." Ryder took my wrist and dragged me along towards the entrance to the mall.

Darren had sandy blonde hair on top of his (yes, I decided to accept his humanity) head, but I was surprised I could see it at all since he towered over me. Heck, he towered over the Empire State Building! The worst part was that the other one was just as tall. With just as much raging muscles fighting against the matching black t-shirt. Only the other guy was darker, he looked mixed to me and his hair was jet black. He kind of looked like Roshon Fegan on steroids, especially with the dimples he was sporting. Now that Ryder mentioned body guards, I could totally see it because they were both dressed in all black with ear pieces sticking out of their ears with curly wires hooking onto their shirts. At least we were safe.

"This is Danny, by the way." Ryder said, gesturing towards Mr. Roshon.

I just nodded as we walked through the glass doors of the huge Hollywood Mall. Darren was in front of us and Danny was behind us.

"So where are we going?" Ryder asked in a bored tone.

"Ryder, you can't be bored yet. We haven't even started. Let's go to..." I trailed off as my eyes scanned a nearby map. "Build- A- Bear! Can we go there?!" I squealed with excitement, causing Darren to turn around and chuckle at me.

"Why do you want to build a bear? We can just buy a stupid bear somewhere else." Ryder mumbled.

"Then he won't have the heart or the love or the outfits." I defended. I also noticed that we were getting a lot of weird looks and whispers as we walked down the wide, tiled hallway of the mall. Potted plants dotted the sides as a cute decoration as we passed store by store. It wasn't too busy, but the crowd was mostly little kids with parents or teens. Like usual malls.

"Let's do that later." Ryder mumbled.

"No fun." I huffed as I led the guys into Hollister.

"How long will this take?" Ryder asked.

I shrugged. "I know my size, so I don't even have to try them on." I defended.

"Really?" He asked with shock.

I chuckled. "Yeah. See? I told you this wouldn't be so bad."

Within ten minutes, I had twelve pairs of shorts picked out of various colors from hot pink to obnoxious orange, but keeping a few of the ordinary denim blues.

"Which ones do you like?" I asked Ryder, holding a few pairs out in front of me to him where he was standing awkwardly with his two buff body guards at the front of the store.

"Just buy them all." Ryder said with a shrug.

"I can't buy them all, they're expensive!" I yelped.