Part 17 'short supply'

MUSIC OPTION

I stare off at his light blue colored walls as we sit in silence. "My beautiful Mate...what..." Krel slowly turns to face me. He continues, "would be your ideal man?" He tilts his head down as he fumbles with his hands. Wouldn't the sappy thing to say be 'you'? But, I don't know him for that, and I feel inclined to always be straightforward. I know he is hinting how he will change himself into my preference, which is admirable but..not what I want for him.

Well I should say something. "I'm not really sure I have an 'ideal type'. It's more like there are certain qualities I wish for." Before Krel can ask what those are, I lean towards him and cut him off saying, "But it does not matter since I found my Mate."

Krel gives a humorless laugh as he faces me. "Is this your way of saying not to ask anymore questions?" Suddenly a desperate look takes hold of his soft features. Pleadingly he continues, "Please, you must give me a small pointer. Everyone has a type. How will I please you?" Krels eyes swirl with desperation.

Please me..? "Krel, your presence is more than enough." I give him a sweet smile that he returns with a frown. Is this our bond warning me or just intuition? I can feel he is about to collapse again. Taking action, I wrap my arms around him giving my beautiful Given a sideways hug. Using one arm to lean on, Krel uses the other to wrap around me as he leans in. He is the weaker half of the bond. It's understandable that he would be like this.

Krel speaks quieter this time, "I..know I'm not enough. So I was hoping to tailor myself to you." His eyes suddenly get watery and his lips begin to quiver. He mumbles out, "I'm sorry for being so clingy."  I move from his side into a straddling position. My arms wrap themselves around his neck as I lean in with all my weight. I grab his unsure hands and place them tightly around my waist, to which he happily complies. With nothing supporting him, I slowly lower Given down onto the bed into a lying down position.

"I don't want you to change for me, especially when I want to get to know the truest you. Isn't being yourself a preference?" I rest my head on his chest and trace small circles on his skin. I add, "The only thing I would even consider abandoning  you for would be cheating. So you should be fine if you follow that one rule, yes?" His entire body tensed the second the word 'abandoning' left my mouth.

I look up at his face to see he's a mess. Cloudy shaky teary eyes refusing to let more tear drop. The cutest little unsure frown followed by his red face and his soft hair all over the place. I internally sigh once again as I think back to the 'if he's not to my liking I'll pick a better one' thinking. Well, It's too late for me now that I'm emotionally attached to Krel. Nuzzling into his chest, I reassure him. "Clingy is fine seeing as I came all this way for you. It'd be a let down If I was ignored. It's also my fault I'm in short supply of answers. But, I promise, one day you will have them all."

Krel flips me on the side and nuzzles his head back into the crook of my neck, closing any gap we could have had. With both of his arms, he firmly has me squeezed against him. "Krel?" I chuckle slightly as I continue on, "I'm not going anywhere." I can feel droplets, one after the other slide down my skin. Krel is silently crying while holding me tightly. I wrap my arms around his head and run my fingers through his soft hair. Even the best of us cry my most beloved Given.

It's too early to sleep seeing we just had lunch, but somehow, we both slipped into a comfortable dreamless state. The bright sun meant nothing to us as we comfortably napped together. 

Eleven at night I awoke to find I'm still in a death-grip. Krel, however, is thankfully sleeping peacefully. His soft breathing fans against my neck, blowing my baby hairs on the back of my neck back and forth. It would have been nice to pull the covers up, but I'm not cold so I won't try in fear of disturbing him. I let my eyes droop closed again and fall asleep next to my Given.

TIME SKIP TO MORNING

I wake up to see Krel staring at me. His mouth is slightly open and his cheeks are pink, along with his droopy sleepy looking eyes. It is the most delightful thing being surrounded by his scent. The clothes I have on aren't like my special ones who neutralize the scent, meaning, these clothes smell only of my Given.

He smiles the cutest smile showing his teeth as he sweetly says, "Good morning my most beautiful Mate." His morning voice dripped the sweetness and richness of a honeycomb. Not wasting any time, he quickly snuggles back up to me. Krel once again, has a tight hold on me. I take note that his entire body is shaking. Softly, I say, "Good morning to you too my cute Mate." He seems to relax a bit more and the shaking gradually dies down.

I can sense that he's terrified one morning I'll wake up and want to abandon him. That must be his worst fear.