EPILOGUE

E P I L O G U E
" Daddy Day Care "

Jeongguk was beyond glad that Hyun was a boy so he didn't have to worry on how to do the hair and stuff

Jeongguk was beyond glad that Hyun was a boy so he didn't have to worry on how to do the hair and stuff. Being a parent sure wasn't as easy as what he read on books—everyone went through a different path when it comes to parenting so he couldn't say they lied either—but he had to admit that he enjoyed it so far though the idea of having his own was pushed to the furthest back of his mind. It was a roller coaster ride; at one time he would feel like he's on top of the world that everything below him felt so tiny, felt like he was floating in a world that only consisted of Hyun and him (and Jaehwa). But there's also the bad side, of course. Sometimes when Hyun refused to sleep and woke him up with sloppy kisses on his cheeks, he couldn't help but feeling this, choosing to become a parent at the age of 26, was the worst decision he had ever made.

Jeongguk's morning was filled with nothing but cuddling with the little boy, the duvet wrapped around their limbs as he tickled Hyun until the boy had to gasp for air. It was no different from previous Saturday mornings, the day where Jaehwa had to leave early to finish her final assignments with her friends so there Jeongguk was, trying his best to catch up with Hyun and make sure the boy was cleaned before Jaehwa returned home on the afternoon. Day off was never complete without him scooping Hyun with his arms and shuffled towards the bathroom. Maybe it was the effect of being raised by him that Hyun somehow had inherited his trait—competitive. They could never have a war of splashing water towards one another if Jaehwa's home, so Jeongguk usually would make use of Saturday for that, made sure he took off his top before joining Hyun in the bathtub.

As much as Jeongguk didn't want to admit, he had to say that Jimin indeed missed a lot. The last time Jimin saw Hyun was when the guy attended his wedding, and as far as Jeongguk remembered, that was also the last time Jimin actually spent his time with Hyun. Much to Jeongguk's surprise, Jimin came with his girlfriend that he had been hiding from everyone. When the couple sat together with Hyun sleeping in Jimin's arm, it was clear that Hyun was his biological son, though some features of the little boy were taken after the mother.

It relieved Jeongguk how his parents didn't question him and Jaehwa as much as they had thought when they came to tell them about their plan to adopt a baby. Of course, his father did doubt him at first for his habit to go out at night back then, but after Jaehwa tried to reason them, his parents eventually nodded, thinking that it's the best for Jeongguk and Jaehwa to decide what they wanted to do for the future of their shared life.

So there Hyun was, legally became Jeongguk's after spending more than a year at the foster care. It made Jeongguk emotional when he saw Hyun take his first wobbly step. Couldn't believe that the boy who's determined to walk towards him was the same little cheeky boy who cried when he couldn't crawl towards Jeongguk few months ago. When Hyun started to mumble simple syllables, Jeongguk thought it was impossible to tell his feeling at that moment. It was a mixture of sadness to see how fast Hyun grew up and giddiness to hear daddy coming from those plump lips.