Chapter 22 ll Stop being so cheesy. I had enough mac and cheese from just now

Zoey's POV

Chris is staring at me.

Through his window.

I can feel the intensity.

When I thought I would have the whole night to myself to think, I didn't think any distractions would pose a problem to that.

But right now, there's this big and, mind if I add, very very appealing distraction staring back at me, very literally.

After I had cleared away the plates, I returned to my room with the intent to complete the rest of my homework for the day. The fact that I spent the whole afternoon just to complete one worksheet proves that I should definitely stop daydreaming and pay attention to the lesson.

When I was gathering the worksheets and notes, running back and forth from my study table that's by the window, to my bookshelf that's in the living room, I became aware of a pair of gorgeous cerulean eyes from the other side of the street.

My heart lurched and my breathing quickened upon meeting those piercing eyes. One day, I'll find a way to worship whichever deities that thought it was a good idea to bestow such beautiful eyes to a living creature that lives conveniently across the street - because I think it's a damn good idea that I might not chance upon in another million years.

Chris' eyes aren't just your typical blue eyes that you'll see on hot models from magazines. They are one of most striking blue that one can ever encounter. The orbs will remind you of spectrums and the tiny specks of gray in them just make them even more compelling.

He has been watching me for the past fifteen minutes at least and let me tell you, it's really getting on my nerves how I can't concentrate on my work while he's staring at me like I'm the last slice of cake on the counter.

Once or twice,  I made the bad mistake to look up and stare back at him. Bad bad mistake.

And when I do that, he would grab the opportunity with both hands and mouths, 'tomorrow'.

How am I going to think, let alone complete my homework, is beyond me.

Right now, I'm chanting a very believable mantra in my head.

'Ugh ugly blue eyes.'

Do not succumb to the force of the distraction!

Okay, I can do this. All I need to do, is to finish my work and I'll have the rest of the night to myself to think.

But for the love of god, how is it even possible to ignore those eyes? I don't want to draw my curtains close, I hate to  admit, but I do enjoy the blue eyes' attention.

I turn on my phone, 7.52. I take a quick glance at my pile of homework. Three hours would be enough to complete these.

Maybe it's the mac and cheese, maybe it's the way my mind is in haywire right now, but a devious plan hatches from my brain.

I bite down on my bottom lip to contain a smile as an image of Chris' face pops up into my mind. I feel so adventurous right now.

I take a sneaky peek through my window. Good, he's still staring.

Very slyly, I bite my bottom lip and peer at him through my lashes. Then, I send, what I hope is, a flirtatious wink at him.

Vaguely, I can see him part his lips and his chest start to rise and fall more heavily. The sky blue eyes darkens. Yes, it's working!