: five :

The first week or so after that incident, y/n avoided going to the blonde's house or interacting with him in any way, so she wasn't making calls or even sending emails. If Tom wanted something from him he had to call in himself or drop by on his own, not that he minded doing it all by himself but he was used to having her with him always. The following couple of weeks she dropped it all, she was barely helping him and Tom was starting to ask why but the girl wouldn't tell him.

It wasn't resentment. Well, it was not all resentment, she wanted to preserve her dignity. But it was unavoidable when Tom, so kindly, invited Harrison along for dinner at one of Tom's favourite restaurants with his family. He never gave her any heads up about the blonde joining them for the evening so when she saw him standing beside Tom as she chatted away with Harry she felt almost betrayed by her best friend. "You alright, y/n?" Harry furrowed his brows at her expression, her jaw clenched as she sent a glare in Tom's way.

"Yeah, I'm fine." She said flatly, pushing her hair over her shoulder and turning to look out the big windows to the city lights.

"What? You gonna say you fancy Harrison?" The ginger boy teased, chuckling when she balled her fist and hit him on the thigh.

"Piss off." She mumbled so Tom's parents wouldn't hear her, she wrinkled her nose and adjusted the straps of her dress. To the girl's dismay, everyone received him with open arms and even more unfortunate he sat down right across from her, next to Tom. She didn't speak much during the actual dinner, she couldn't even enjoy her food, she just tossed it side to side on her plate.

"And you, darling?" Nikki's voice brought her back from her dissociation.

"Mmh?" She raised her brows and leaned a bit over the table to hear the woman better.

"When are you going to bring a nice man home? You're beautiful and in the perfect age for romance." Tom's mum gushed, sparking just a little more frustration inside the girl.

"Oh god, no. There's no such thing as a nice man." Her comment made the Holland men protest and she rolled her eyes playfully. "Let's be honest, Nikki. This life won't attract a nice man even if there were any."

"Oh darling, don't say that. You're such a lovely girl, any man would be lucky to have you."

"Yeah, mate. You gonna get laid soon, I sense it." Tom chimed in making his brothers laugh, his mother scolded him but chuckled a little. Y/n nodded at her friend with a grin on her face.

"C'mon, mum. She doesn't need a nice man, she just needs a good shag then she can carry on taking over London." Harry blurted out.

"Harry!" The woman gasped at her son's comment.

"I mean, he's not wrong." The girl shrugged and bursted out laughing, leaning on Harry's shoulder. "But no more taking over London for me." She brought her glass of water closer to her.

"What? Why?" Harry looked at her confused, not only Harry but the whole table, except Harrison, he looked at her expecting to be thrown under the bus in front of the whole Holland family.

"Yeah, haven't you heard?" The girl chuckled dryly at Harrison's expression. "I ain't shit in this business." She sipped her iced water and arched a brow in Harrison's direction.

"Since fucking when?" Harry's voice rang loud in her ear.

"Language, kids." Tom's dad reminded them.

"It's been like three or four weeks actually, Tom has been running the mob on his own." She shrugged one shoulder. "He's doing a pretty good job. Nothing's gone to shit so, he can handle it."

"She literally abandoned me and I can't figure out why." Tom flipped her off receiving a wink back from the girl. "I asked her for help the other day because something was going wrong on Harrison's side and she fucking ignored me."