Chapter Two

Chapter Two

"Juniper!" The moment I stepped into the academic's building, I was bombarded with students all surrounding me with wide grins. Though none of them were as close of friends as Roxanne was to me, I still valued each of their friendships. 

Even if I forgot a few of their names.

"Your hair looks so cute today!" A girl named Lessia, which was short for something that I couldn't remember, complimented as she wrapped her arms around me, giving me a tight hug. I welcomed her hug with a hug in return. 

"Thank you," I flicked a hand through my hair, "I felt like actually working on myself today." I saw Roxanne roll her eyes, and I nudged her with my elbow. Only she knew I was trying to look good for Jaxon. Nobody else needed to know I was as desperate as I really was.

"As if you need it." Blaire, another friend of mine stated. "You could take a three-week hike in the jungle and still come out looking like America's top model."

"I'm flattered you think I look like a model, let alone the top in America." I gave her a hug too and watched as more girls began to crowd around me.

There was Tiffany, Christine, Louise, Vanessa, and Naia, all who I had only previously began to hang out with. Then there were a few girls I didn't know the names of, but felt it was too awkward to ask at this point.

"Hey, Juniper." Brian, a guy who had a huge crush on me (it was pathetically obvious) came up to me with his friend Seth by his side.

I smiled, even if I wasn't into him, I enjoyed the secret stares he would give me when he thought I wasn't looking.

I like his attention, I don't have shame.

"Good morning, Brian," I nodded at Seth, "Good morning, Seth."

"Mornin'." Seth muttered, not interested in me or anyone else here.

"Hey Brian," Roxanne pushed her way past everyone to stand beside me, "Have you seen Jaxon anywhere?"

My eyes widened, but she didn't look phased. Brian had graduated highschool along with me and Jaxon, it was how I knew Brian so well. He's had a crush on me as long as I have had a crush on Jaxon.

He nodded, "Yeah, I spoke to him when I came in this morning, I think he and the guys were heading to class."

Class, Mr. Bruno's class. American Lit. I didn't take his class, but I knew Jaxon's schedule by heart.

I didn't say another word. I pushed past Brian and Seth and quickly -but not too quickly where I looked desperate- made my way to the American Lit classroom.

I gave myself another pep talk the entire way there, claiming I had nothing to lose if he rejected me anyway.

Nothing at all.

Roxanne was glued to my heels as we both entered Mr. Bruno's classroom where, low and behold, Jaxon and his friends, who were all on the Trinity basketball team, were standing around, laughing with one another. They all stopped talking when I walked in.

"Hey, it's Juniper." One of them said but I didn't see which one. My eyes were fixed on Jaxon.

Jaxon was leaning casually against a desk, with his friends all standing around him. His blonde hair combed back melted my heart for the millionth time since high school.

He never changes his look, and he never has to.

My confidence was buzzing. I wouldn't be surprised if everyone else could feel it too. I was ready for this. Almost five years of borderline stalking this boy has been enough. I'm ready to make the move.