Chapter 55

Avery Adley

I stood in front of the floor length mirror and rubbed my sweating palms on my stunning white dress.
It was a lace vintage style mermaid dress with a sweetheart neckline, long lace sleeves and a low back.
The lace train went on forever. I was afraid I would trip.

My hair was curled, pinned and flowed effortlessly over my right shoulder.

It was unbelievable. The time flew by so fast. It was relatively uneventful, except for the media storm that followed Mr and Mrs. Adley's arrest.

"Avery." Alissa breathed out. "You look parfait."

I smiled at her. She wiped the tears away with a tissue.

"Your Maman and Papa would be so proud." She choked out.

I looked back in the mirror and smiled sadly.
I wished they could have been here.

Erica burst through the doors. "Are you ready?" She grinned.

She was wearing a flowing midnight blue bridesmaid dress.

"Avery!" Delilahs voice came from behind Erica.

"You made it!" I smiled.

She flung herself forward and pulled me into her arms. "I wouldn't have missed it for the world!"

"Cupcake!" Russell stepped in. I could see tears glistening in his eyes. "You look amazing."

"Okay!" Erica clapped her hands "She looks beautiful and I'm an awesome dress maker, but we have to go!" Erica exclaimed.

I swallowed nervously and stepped forward.
I took tentative steps and tried not to think.

Over the last couple of weeks Oliver had been quite tense. He was still loving and sweet, but I think the situation with the stalker had him worried, not to mention his constant meetings with the police and lawyers.

He increased security and I wasn't able to go anywhere alone.
Oliver barely let me out of his sight.
Except when Vivienne forced me to stay with Erica. His resistance against his Mom and sister was futile.

Apparently the police didn't find anything and Sam only found some footage and paparazzi photos with him lurking in the background.
Just thinking about it added to the nausea from the nervousness of the wedding.

I suddenly found myself standing behind all the bridesmaids. Erica, Elizabeth and Delilah.
My arm was intertwined with Russell's.

"You ready?" He asked.

I breathed in an out. "Not really." I squeaked out.

Russell chuckled. "You'll be fine. I can see you make each other happy."

I smiled at him and then the doors opened and the music played.
The bridesmaids filed out.

I'm going to throw up.

I exhaled as if trying to breath the nervousness out.

I gripped Russell's arm a little too tightly and clutched my bouquet.

We stepped out and the hall took my breath away.
It was lit beautifully with delicate blossoming branches intertwined with small twinkling lighte in vases lining the aisle.
Guests stood and turned. Many different expressions covered the numerous faces. I ignored them and looked ahead.