Chapter 15: Getting Lost

E V A N N A

"What?" Jeremy asked in disbelief. "She had drugs on her? I never expected her to be like that..."

The police raised his head. "Yes, until further notice, we might have to keep them here."

Jeremy stood up, frowning. "I don't want my kids to be with them. I don't trust them anymore."

"Your kids?" Brandon growled, clenching his fists. "You lost fucking custody of us, what the fuck do you mean?"

"Calm down, Brandon," Tyler interrupted. "Give him a moment."

The police sighed. "It is possible you can get custody of your children back if the whole drug situation is true, since they'll need the closest legal guardian—"

"I can be their legal guardian," Ethan cut him off. "We're not staying with Jeremy."

And after this, Ethan took us out for a while. Brandon was in charge of us as Ethan had to leave for the court meeting. I didn't understand how they arranged one so fast, and I didn't know what happens inside there.

"I feel like it's my fault," I muttered quietly. "I let him upstairs... If he actually planted the drugs to frame our parents, then it's partly my fault too..."

Jayden immediately stopped, cupping my face in his hands. "Evvy, look at me. Nothing. Is. Your. Fault. Okay? You didn't do anything wrong."

I sighed, continuing to walk. Jayden came up to me and linked his arms with mine. "JJ, I'm scared..."

"Don't be," He replied. "I'm here. You don't have to be scared."

"Do you guys want to buy anything?" Brandon asked.

My eyes lit up. "Can I buy hoodies?"

Brandon looked at me strangely. "Uh, yeah. I can buy you some. Where do we go..?"

"It's over there," Alex pointed to one of the stores.

We all started walking there and I was happy I could buy some hoodies. My stomach was growling and it felt really empty. I haven't eaten since yesterday, and I don't plan on eating again.

I went into the store, grabbing the first hoodie I saw. It was a huge hoodie that would definitely be to big on me. It was a black hoodie that would've probably came up to my thighs.

"Don't you already have that?" Jayden asked. "You wore it a lot."

"You noticed," I pointed out, looking through the hoodies next to them. "Even when we weren't friends?"

"Hey!" Alex said, laughing. "Look at those hoodies."

Andrew nudged him. "Let's buy one."

Jayden smiled at me. "Want one?"

I turned to the hoodies. I laughed as I went over to them, admiring how cute it was. "I didn't think these existed."

It was a bunch of twin hoodies. And I had to admit, I wanted one.

The first one was a hoodie in multiple colors that said, "I'm The Smarter Twin."