XVIII - Beseech

XVIII - Beseech

Beseech
be·seech
/bəˈsēCH/
verb
ask (someone) urgently and fervently to do something; implore; entreat.

🍁 

Mom? Noah's mother?

Her soul might have jumped off the window the moment she learned who the lady was. What a good first impression. She quickly jumped off the bed to stand. Noah followed her, standing up and facing his mom.

"Mom? What are you doing here?" He repeated.

His mother finally recovered from the shock. Her mouth closed then it opened, not knowing what to say.

"I thought you were alone. I'm sorry." Did her son finally got a girlfriend?

His mom probably thought that she's a slut. Sleeping with her son. What kind of mother wanted to see that?

"Y-you don't have to apologize ma'am. I'm going home." She announced awkwardly.

She was about to take a step when Noah's hand on her wrist stopped her. "Don't go." She looked at him like he was crazy and looked at his mom who was smiling from ear to ear now. She did not understand why. Maybe she's planning on throwing her out that's why she's smiling like that.

"It's okay honey. My son wants you to stay please stay."

Noah smirked. The guy had the audacity to smirk when she felt as if her dignity were torn into pieces.

"Mom, she's my girlfriend. My Jessica Mahana Smith." He introduced, staring with pure adoration at her.

She may have awed. Her son finally got a girl. Before Noah could introduce her to Jessica she excitedly extended her hand and took hers, shaking it with too much enthusiasm.

"I'm Helena. This child's mother." The way she said "child" was too cute Jess can't help but shake her outstretched hand despite the awkwardness she felt.

"Hello ma'am." She said in a respectful tone.

Helena waved her hand. "Oh please don't call me ma'am. You make it sound like I'm an old lady. Just Helena will do." She squeezed her hand while smiling warmly at her.

"Okay Helena." She smiled back. His mom is too kind.

When she looked back at Noah she saw him smiling. He noticed her stare and winked at her.

"I know you kids are hungry. I'm just gonna be at the kitchen." She moved towards the door. "Going to be at the kitchen. Preparing breakfast for my daughter in law." She sang.

Jess's face turned red. Daughter in law? They just met?!

When his mom was gone, Noah reached across her and kissed her cheek, cupping her face in his hands.

"That was your mom." It wasn't a question.

"Yeah. She's cool isn't she?"

Way too cool. She didn't think she was some cheap girl? How is she so laid back when she saw with her own two eyes that her son is sleeping with a girl? They did not do anything wrong but still...

"Hey. Stop overthinking. I swear, she knew you're not that kind of girl." She's amazed how he can read her thoughts clearly.

"She doesn't think I'm---" He cut her off. Her brain is overthinking anything.

"No, she doesn't."

"How can you say that?"

"Because I told her before. Whoever I bring home will be the one I'm going to build a home with. Well, technically I didn't bring you to her because she came but she saw me with you so that explains my intentions towards you. And she knew I'm not going to pick just anyone. I prayed for you remember? He gave me you. What more could I and mom ask for? He already gave us the best." Did she turn into a cry baby overnight? She suddenly felt tears prickling her eyes.