MFA chapter 1*

Chapter One* 

2007 

I have now known Andy for a little over a year. He's made my life a happier one. He's told me how we should be able to dress how we want as long as it makes us feel good and comfortable. As long as we know who we are and like what we see in the mirror every morning, we shouldn't give a shit what anyone else says or thinks. He is literally my northern star on a dim night. 

Andy was currently on the phone with a certain special someone while we were walking to his house after school. Mr. and Mrs. Biersack say that I'm always welcomed over there, even when they're not home. 

"Sorry baby, but I've got a show tomorrow night," Andy was saying into his cell phone. The person on the other end said something that caused Andy to roll his eyes. "Yeah Scout, I know you're finally in town, but I can't control what gigs the guys and I have." 

Now you're probably wondering who this 'Scout' person is. She happens to be Andy's girlfriend of two years, whom he loves dearly. Trust me, I've heard the endless conversations of 'Yeah babe, I love you too," and 'That's not possible, I love you more,' and the ever popular 'Babe, you have no idea how much I miss you right now. I love you so much and I can't wait to see your pretty face again'. Yeah, it's sickening. I can barely make it to the toilet before I puke my lunch up. 

And to explain more of what happened over our little time lapse, I'm going to write a little about Andy's band. 

In October last year, he and a few guys from around the city decided to put together a band that had the same feel as Danzig or Kiss. Andy's goal was to make a band that could write music that kids like us can fall back on and take inspiration from. He says that's been his number one goal in life since he started deciding that he didn't want to be like everyone else just because that's what's been protocol. 

So, Andy was able to gather up four guys, Nate, Chris, Bobby, and Phil, and start a band. They decided to name it Black Veil Brides, after its original name 'Biersack', because of Andy's obsession of the Catholic Church and its traditions. The line up for the band has changed a little bit, but they're still going strong, surprisingly. Usually, small bands like this don't make it past the six month mark, but they've stuck to it. It's been almost one year since they formed and they've played plenty of gigs and small venues. They've even become popular enough to have a one year documentary made on them. 

"Yes baby, I love you too," Andy paused. "Okay Scouty, I'll see you soon. Bye babe." When he hung up I pretended to gag, leaning over slightly as we were walking and sticking a finger in my mouth. 

"You guys disgust me," I said, glaring at him playfully. Andy rolled his eyes and a half smile made its way onto his face. 

"Well then prepare yourself for Sunday, because Scout is coming over for lunch," he said as we made our way onto his driveway where his mom's car was parked. We raced each other up the driveway and onto the front porch, me winning and yanking the screen door open. 

"Winner!" I yelled out, walking into the house, the smell of fresh pies wafting to me. Andy was close behind me, jokingly sulking. 

"That's not fair! You cheated!" he accused. 

I spun on my heel to face him, stopping in the entryway of the kitchen where his mom was standing, witnessing this whole ordeal go down. 

"Andy, you can't cheat at a foot race. And your legs are way longer than mine, you should have no problem winning," I explained to him. 

He dropped his notebook on the kitchen table with a thud. "Fine, enough of your slanderous lies," he said. Andy liked the word 'slanderous' a lot. He used it at least once a day. That kid has serious problems.