Chapter 6

I'm super sorry that it's so short! I just love ya'll so much I thought you deserved something after that awful cliffhanger(:

Vote, Comment, Fan, Smile

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Recap: 'I grabbed to front of his shirt and kissed him. What happened next surprised me most....'

Cain stiffened in surprise but complied and moved his lips gently with mine. I melted into his embrace as his hand cupped my cheek gently. Something about this was...right. I''ve only kissed that one blond kid, but it was forced. But, these didn't seem normal for a kiss. I felt like there was suddenly peace and nothing could ever go wrong again. I pulled him closer by the collar of his shirt and he smiled.

Cain pulled away after another minute. I reached up and touched my lips smiling at their warmth on this cold day. This was like a scene from a movie. The thought had me smiling even wider. Then I was suddenly embarrassed. I kissed him! And I liked it! What the hell? Cain deserved someone better than me. Someone who could go out without a hoodie on. Someone who wouldn't lie as often.

I looked up at him, apologetically. He had a goofy smile on his face and his green eyes were bright. "Oh god Cain. I'm so sor-" I was broken off as Cain grabbed my waist and put his lips on mine, making me melt again. Not fair. He then pulled away and winked, saying "Don't be."

I'm pretty sure I looked like an idiot, sitting here staring at him. He stared back, eyes twinkling in amusement. "Uhh..With..err.." Nice job Kat. I mentally smacked myself. The courtyard was now filling up and I quickly pulled on my hood and scarf. He gave me a look but I couldn't figure out what it meant.

A hand clamped down on my shoulder. "What cha guys doing?" Risa lilted. "Nothing!" We both responded at the same time. Then the three of us busted out laughing, Cain held my gaze until I flushed and turned away.

Most of the day was normal with a slightly awkward hue. By 7th period my brain was confused. Did he like me? Well, I mean he wouldn't have kissed me back if he didn't, right? What if he didn't want to upset me so he did! Wait, he kissed me again after that. Look at me, Worrying about normal things girls my age would. Ahh, it was a nice kiss.

This thought pulled up the side of my lips in a half smile. "Watcha thinking about?" Cain asked, coming up behind me. "Uhh.. PUPPIES!" I yelled, a little too loud. The few people still around the school stopped and stared at me. I can understand why. Me, a shy, quiet, dark girl, just screamed puppies into the face of an extremely hot dude.

Cain started laughing loudly and my cheeks burned pink again. ''Well, If your just gonna laugh I might as well go." I said, turning to leave. He took hold of my forearm and said "No, please don't go." His voice and face were so pleading, I stopped struggling. "Don't baby, please don't gooo." He sang in a girly voice. I laughed quietly. "Want a ride?" Cain questioned after we had stopped laughing. "Sure." I responded smiling. The ride was quiet except for the radio, which played a dull tune in the background.

I was left to my thoughts, which all centered around Cain. I looked over to see him bobbing him head slightly to the music, looking adorable. I'm such a Masochist.

I know that everything will get complicated if I liked Cain. But, it's too late for that. I just have to hope that he doesn't like me. "I need to talk to you, Kat." Cain said, turning the radio down even more.

We pulled up to the middle school, yet to be seen by Casey and Jake. "I know we haven't know each other too long." Uh-Oh. "But, I really like you. When I kissed you it was different. I've never felt like this before." He said honestly. I shook my head slowly at first, then faster. I knew he wasn't lying, that's what the problem was.

"No." I whispered. "What?" Cain asked softly. "NO!" I cried. "NO! Your not allowed!" He looked so utterly hurt and confused, I almost said 'just kidding.' Almost. "You can't tell me how to feel!" He challenged back. "You can't like me! Cain Masters, Do yourself a favor and forget me." I stepped out of the car, sending him a withering look. I memorized his green eyes and gorgeous face, before I stalked away. ~