34

I smiled at dad before closing the door, time for work. Luckily 4 days ago I managed to get a job at the local warehouse, my job is to move and stock food from 9pm to 6am. It's a good paying job.

Since I got home I put myself straight into work, I couldn't allow myself to ponder over Andrei or even sit around lazily. My main priority was to pay him back as soon as possible.

Breathing in the polluted London air I confidently walked down the pathway towards work. It's about 5 minutes away from my house but the way I need to walk is on a dead street with no lights and trees on both sides.

I began speeding up my pace the worn down warehouse came into sight. Swear that place is just asking for a lawsuit right about now.

Something was wrong, I felt it. My pace sped up even more as the heavy feeling on my heart weighed it down even further. I only ever got that feeling when something actually decided to go wrong and honestly I didn't feel like getting killed.

Calming myself down a little I slowed my pace, might aswell face it instead of running.

Whipping my body around hurriedly a gasp left my lips at the sight, I was definitely fucked.

3 men wearing all black were stalking a few metres behind me, the gloomy sky above only added to the atmosphere. Plastering a big smile on my face I placed my hands on my hips, trying to emit an innocent persona.

" hello guys, how you doing?" I asked happily, all men suddenly stopped walking, hands held carefully by their side. From that moment I kind of knew they had guns, as for a way out. I had none.

"Good sweetheart, be better if we can have you" the bulkiest man stated confidently.

A chilly gust of wind hit me as they all stepped foward in sync, yup I was definitely fucked the hell up. I had to leave, pulling on my big girl panties I erased the smile from my plum lips.

" follow me baby" turning around I began strutting towards the warehouse, there's a dusty ass alley way right before the warehouse. I needed to take them by surprise.

Their footsteps echoed a little distance away from me making me sigh in relief as I took a sharp right into the alleyway. Weapon, that's what I needed. Hurriedly skimming my eyes over all the garbage and dirt in the street I finally saw something worthy, a big wooden stick.

I quickly grabbed it and stood beside the turn, their footsteps sped up as it sounded like they were just about to turn.

And boom, making the first hit I smiled in joy, the stick hit the first man right in the lung making him splutter out curses quietly whilst tumbling towards the wet dirty ground.

The second man was just behind him but he was better prepared, the gun was already out. Without wasting another second I kicked the gun out of his grip with my right foot before taking jabbing the stick right between his Adams apple and collar bone. Before he fell his fist managed to jab my cheek harshly making me tumble a little, it hurt like a bitch.

" Boss was right, fiesty" the last man mumbled as he turned the corner with his glock cocked and ready to shoot. A vicious yet pleased smirk gracing his thin lips.

Rolling my eyes I secured my grip on the wood once again.

" shoot" I said, his eyes squinted at my word. I had a feeling he couldn't, his boss probably wanted me alive and ready to be sold or to steal.

Without giving the short man another second to think about his options I struck the wood against his face, the skin slap ricocheting around the alley way.

A sigh left my lips as I stared at the 3 buff man laying on the gravelly ground. I did it, an unexplained amount of happiness flowed through my body.

Andrei said I wouldn't be able to take care if myself, but I did, he was wrong.

I dropped the stick and began happily skipping towards work, leaving the evil men unconscious in a pile of dirt.