Goodnight Mr. Stone

Short Recap: Abrelle went home from the hospital and someone attempted to break into her home and try to take Natalia. After being convinced Noah's Sister Genesis Abrelle decides to take Elliot on his offer and calls him. [Elliot offered to allow Abrelle and her daughter to move in with him, in attempt to protect them from whoever is trying to kill or harm them]. 

Elliot has been receiving calls from a random number and this is (for an unknown reason) dangerous. He contacts Nurse Abigail (who was seen in the first book) to warn her about the person contacting them. He then meets the person in an alley where we discover that it is Nathan Louise who is contacting him. (Nathan was belived to be dead, as he was shot by Sam in the first book). 

Abrelle's POV 

It's been thirty minutes since Will contacted Elliot and he said he'd come pick us up immediatly. 

It still feels strange to think about living with Elliot Stone. 

It feels like I'm betraying him. Noah. 

I know Genesis said he'd understand, but somehow I still feel sick to my stomach at the thought of him finding out. 

Why? 

I don't know. 

"Abrelle," Genesis says and I turn to look at her. She's standing in the doorway of the main room where we were all sleeping. 

"What is it?" I ask I continue to fold my clothing, getting ready to pack everything up. 

"I finished packing Natalia's things," she says. "Is there anything else you want me to grab or pack? Any pictures or things?" 

Pictures? 

Why would I take those?

It's not like we will be staying with Elliot for long. Only until Noah wakes up and that'll be soon. 

I know it will. 

"No," I shake my head. "This is temporary, we should only take what we absolutely need."

She looks at me like she's going to say something, but then simply nods before leaving the room. 

I stand up and make my way into our closet pulling out another pile of shirts that I need to pack. As I pull out the folded clothing, a pile of Noah's shirts falls on the ground. 

"Damn it," I whisper before I bend down and begin picking them up. As I pick up the shirts I grab a big grey plaid sweater and I smile remembering the last time Noah wore this sweater. We were in New York. 

"Hey," Noah says as he walks into my room and I look up at him. I close my diary and place it underneath my pillow. 

I look down at my hands. 

"I know you're angry and not talking to anyone," he says. "But the doctor told me you were a lot better today and I thought . . .I don't know maybe it's dumb and I'm wasting my time." 

I look up at him. He's wearing a big grey plaid sweater and some dark jeans. His clothes make his big blue eyes stand out. 

"I just," he runs his hands through his hair. "I thought it might help and now that I think about it, I feel like it'd make things worse." 

I look back down at my hands, I still have some bruises on them from the last beating Bull gave me. 

Maybe they'll never fade. 

"Elle," Noah says as he takes a seat next to me. 

Mhm, I love when he calls me Elle.