Part 35

They pulled into the driveway and Seokjin was still worriedly stroking Jungkook's ears as the bunny slept.

"How long do you think the effects of the tranquilizer will last Joon? Should we take him to the hospital?" He asked, glancing into the front seat.

"Let's give it a couple hours,"  Namjoon replied, unbuckling his seatbelt. He looked back at them and then let his eyes drift to the sleeping fox next to him. Her hair was all blonde again and there were dark circles beneath her eyes and she looked terrible - but she was his and she was back and she was safe. He felt himself smiling softly as he brushed his thumb over the back of her hand. "Let's get them inside. Do you need help with Kook?"

"No, I can get him," Seokjin replied, opening the door and scooting out of it, tugging Jungkook out with him. Namjoon walked around the car and opened the passenger door, reaching in and scooping the fox up in his arms, carrying her like a child into the house.

"Just like the first time, huh little fox," he murmured to her sleeping form. He carried her up to her room and sat down on the edge of the bed, still holding her. He stroked his hand softly through her hair and over her orange ears, just looking at her. He felt tears prick at his eyes, and he bit his lip agains the lump rising in his throat. "I'm so happy you're safe," Namjoon whispered, feeling tears begin to trickle down his cheeks. After a few moments he stood and laid her on the bed, but he couldn't bring himself to leave the room. He poked his head out and called down the stairs to Jin. "You need anything Jinnie?"

"I'm okay," Seokjin called back. "I've got Jungkook on the couch - if he doesn't wake up in a couple hours I'm calling a doctor though!"

"Alright. I'm going to sit with little one for aa while," Namjoon replied.

"Is she awake?"

"No...I just missed her."

"I understand," Seokjin replied.

-

Jungkook's eyes flew open, his first instinct to panic.

"Fox! We - we have to go, we have to-"

He tried to scramble to his feet but he felt a pair of strong hands on his shoulders, holding him down.

"Bun! Stop!"

"S-Seokjin?" Jungkook asked, blinking quickly, his body slowly relaxing. He looked around, realizing he was home in the living room, then his eyes slid up to his owner's face, looking down at him. He was laying on the couch, his legs stretched over its length, his head in Jin's lap. The man was looking down at him with half concern.

"Yes bun. You're home. How do you feel?" The man asked, his hands carefully touching Jungkook's cheeks and forehead. "How's your leg?"

"I - it's fine I feel okay - what happened? Where's fox?" Jungkook asked, trying to sit up again.

"You sure you feel okay Kook?" Jin asked, studying him closely, putting his hands on his shoulders again.  

"Yeah hyungie, I'm fine-"

"Good, cause I'm gonna kill you!" Seokjin suddenly growled, his hands tightening painfully on the bunny's shoulders. He lifted one to smack his chest, now glaring down at him.

"Ow - what - hyung what the fu-"

"Language, Jungkook!" Seokjin said sharply, smacking him again. "How dare you run out of this house like that when I specifically said you were NOT to go after her? What were you thinking? What if something had happened to you, hm? Did you consider how I would feel if you hadn't come back? Your actions impact others and you-"

Jungkook shrugged his owners hands off and sat up then, effectively shutting the man up when he pulled him into a crushing hug. Seokjin relaxed against the boy, hugging him back. "I'm sorry hyung," Jungkook mumbled. "I'm sorry I worried you. But I had to get her." They hugged silently for a moment and then Jungkook pulled back. "Please tell me she's here?" He asked, his voice full of hope and nerves.

"She's here. She's asleep," Seokjin said, smiling at his hybrid. Jungkook breathed a sigh of relief. Something felt off though. His hand drifted up to his throat - which was still bare. Seokjin saw and reached for the blue collar which sat on the table next to him. He held it in both hands and looked down it before looking back up at the rabbit hybrid in front of him. When Jungkook saw that his eyes were full of tears, he hung his head and slid to the floor, kneeling before his owner.

"Hyungie - I'm sorry." Jungkook bowed low, pressing his forehead to the floor.

"Kookie, don't-"

"No," Jungkook cut, not moving from his position. "I've been an unfaithful hybrid. I've been disobedient and I haven't listened and I took my collar off. I know I don't deserve to have an owner like you. I know my life could have been so much worse and I got lucky and ended up with you for no reason."

"Jungkookie, get up bub, please."

Jungkook slowly raised his head and sat back on his heels, his eyes shining. Seokjin scooted to the edge of the couch and reached out, gently placing the collar back around his throat, trailing his fingers over it fondly.

"Thank you hyung," Jungkook whimpered.

Seokjin scratched his ears gently. "You aren't an unfaithful hybrid. You're just passionate and I love that about you. I'm angry you put yourself in danger, but you saved our girl."

Jungkook looked up at his owner, his heart full of love. "What did I do in a past life to deserve this?" He asked, his enormous eyes blinking.

"Whatever it was, you must have been good at it," Jin chuckled.

"Can we go see little one now?" Jungkook asked after a pause.

Jin shrugged. "She's still sleeping I think, but I don't see why not." They stood together and headed up the stairs. When they reached the bedroom and quietly walked in they saw the little fox tucked beneath the covers and Namjoon sitting on the side of the bed reading something on his phone, his other hand holding one of hers softly. He looked up when he saw them and grinned widely. He tossed his phone onto the bedside table and stood, crossing the room quickly. Jungkook squeaked in surprise when Namjoon pulled him into a tight hug, crushing the bunny to him.

"Jungkookie," he murmured, one of his hands resting on the back of the bunny's head, the other holding him tightly around the back. "Thank you. Thank you so much for bringing her back to me."

Jungkook hugged him back then, burying his face in the man's shoulder. They held each other for a moment and then stepped back, smiling at each other.

"We should all get some sleep I think," Seokjin said even as Jungkook crossed the room to sit next to her on the bed. She smelled normal now, her drug induced heat had been very powerful, but very short. He reached out and ran his fingertips softly over her ears.

"I just woke up," he said, looking hopefully at his owner. "I want to stay here."

"I'm gonna stay with her too Jinnie," Namjoon said to him. He slid his arms around the man's waist and tugged him close, kissing his cheek. "I love you," he told him softly. Seokjin smiled back.

"I love you too. I'm going to bed, I'm exhausted. Jungkook is heavy," he complained.

"Hey!" The bunny protested from the bed. Namjoon chuckled.

"Goodnight," he said, giving him a squeeze before letting go and returning to sit on the fox's other side.

"Night hyung!" Jungkook piped, flashing a bunny grin at Jin.

"Goodnight you two," the man chuckled before heading out of the room.

Namjoon and Jungkook sat on either side of the fox in comfortable silence, each of them softly holding one of her hands while they waited for her to wake up.

-

🖤🖤