LXXIII

It's our time to shoot the stars
We ain't gonna stop till the world is ours
It's landslide, rocks below
Ready to rise, ready to roll
~ Pop Evil, Be Legendary

The rustle of the sheets and the shift of the mattress wakes me.

I peek my eyes open to see the light from Erik's phone illuminating his face.

"What time is it?" I ask as I sit up, pulling the blanket with me.

"Did I wake you?" Erik quickly shuts off his phone, plunging us and the rest of the hotel room into complete darkness.

So far it hasn't turned out like last time we were in a hotel room.

"Yeah." I mumble as I grab my phone from the bedside table "Erik! It's fucking one thirty in the morning and you perform in less than 12 hours. Go to bed goddamit."

I grab the pillow I ha been using moments before and hit him in the chest, "sleep, now."

"I can't, I'm too excited."

I sit up once again and glare at him. Hopefully he can see my face.

"Erik!"

"Avril!"

"Go hang out in the bathroom."

"What?"

"I'm tired and I would like to actually enjoy more than one band, unlike you who will be passed out on the bus after your show."

"I can't even argue with that dammit."

I can't help but laugh, even when being a pain in the ass.

"Seriously though get some sleep. Tomorrow is a big day and you'll need all the rest you can get." I yawn as I lay back down and cuddle back into the sheets.

"Yeah, easier said than done." I hear Erik mumble before the mattress dips closer to me.

"Just relax your mind, I know how excited you are about today and how stressed you are, but you need to try and relax."

"Will you tell me a story?"

"A story?" I question as I feel Erik's arms wrapping around my waist and his chin on my shoulder.

"Yeah, a story or you can sing."

I rack my mind for stories that I remember reading to Marcus, but those are childish.

I start to sing the song that Erik and I co-wrote together softly and at a mere whisper.

I can feel him start to relax against my body as I get to the chorus and eventually I feel his limp body against mine. His hold on me loosens up and his chest pushes against my back, telling me he's fallen asleep.

His snores fill my ears, but I don't mind as I fall back asleep.

I'm once again woken up by the shuffling of sheets.

"What time is it?" I refuse to open my eyes without knowing if the sun is up or not.

"It's seven thirty, I was trying not to wake you up. The guys and I are leaving to do a once over before the gates open at 11." I open my eyes to see Erik throwing on an old Rolling Stones muscle shirt and a pair of black jeans.

"What time are Isla and I supposed to show up at?" I question as I sit up and stretch. The rest of the night was fine, no more waking up or moving around.

"Nine forty-five? I don't know, what time do you think would be a good idea?" Erik sits down at the foot of the bed to put on his vans, "make sure you have everything, we hit the road tonight."