Chapter 24

Seth's POV

"How about n-"

"No."

I purse my lips as my unfinished question gets answered with the same word, for the sixth time. A few awkward seconds later, I nod curtly to myself and continue rocking my head from right to left to the faint sound of a pop song on the radio, looking at the illuminated entrance of a building just a few feet away from my car. Just as Niall is.

To say that I'm nervous about what's supposed to happen tonight would be an understatement. And I can only imagine how he feels about it – I can literally only imagine it, because he isn't showing any emotion. He's just sitting in the passenger seat, staring at the door that's guarded by a bouncer, with a blank face. I've taken enough glances at him to know that he's probably not going to do anything for another hour or so.

"I feel like we're those guys from Supernatural," I decide to break the silence, my voice a little high as I haven't said anything for a good few minutes. To my surprise, Niall reacts to my somewhat desperate attempt to get him to speak, and just snorts.

"Dean and Sam?"

"Yeah."

"Because of the car, or..?"

"Well, yeah, and we're also just sitting here and staring at a place where we know shit is going to go down."

I was expecting him to say something like 'that's stupid' or just, just anything else, but he stays quiet after my explanation. Just when I'd lost all hope in getting him to talk before we do this, he speaks up.

"You're Sam, I hope you know that," Niall mumbles, and I smile; mostly only because he's talking.

"What?" I frown soon after, "Why should I be Sam?"

"Why would you be Dean?"

"Well," I begin, looking around the car. "For starters, I'm older than you and the Impala is mine. Dean is older than Sam and the car is his."

I take a sharp breath through my nose after my explanation, looking over at Niall, who surprises me when he starts shaking his head with a small smile. "What?" I say, rather urgently. "What are you smiling about?"

"You're still Sam."

I sigh, for a second forgetting about what we're here for in the first place, and start shaking my head too. "How am I Sam, I'm literally-"

"Your name beings with S, your hair is almost as long as his, you're as big as a car, you're scared of clowns, I'm always looking after you and that's just off the top of my head, if you gave me a few minutes I'd probably make a list longer than any essay you've written in your life."

I burst into a loud laughing fit, squeezing my eyes shut and clapping my hands together; Niall is lucky he got to finish that statement, I was holding my laughter in the entire time. "Wow," I breathe out after a minute as he takes a few deep breaths – he did say all of that in just one breath, after all. "Are you implying that you're Dean?"

Looking over at him, I smile lazily again as he shrugs. "I've short hair, I'm starting to drink more often and I'm developing a cowboy accent. Pretty much."

I shut my eyes in laughter again; a cowboy accent. Must be from hanging out with me so much, I brought my accent with me when I moved from Texas. "And you're always looking after me?" I add to the list, smiling again as he shrugs, again.

"Well, I hate to break it to you, but I am."

"Aren't I the one looking after you tonight, though?"