1. The Villainess is Muddled

Imperial Daughter Gao Le's manor.

Everything was still in a luxurious bed-chamber blanketed by the darkness of night. All around the room were signs of the owner's elegant and noble taste. It was tranquil and seemingly unaffected by the storm raging the capital. Even the sounds of the howling wind were muffled. Only the occasional sound of booming thunder and flashes of lightning leaked inside the room.

On the platform bed covered by gauze curtains, a young lady was showing signs of difficulty sleeping. Her brows furrowed and breaths came in short gasps. Sweat and tears ran down her face. It seemed the nightmare was too much.

Boom!

Lightning struck and the loudest thunder roared. At the same time, the lady opened her eyes. For a moment, she was dazed and looked all around her with blank eyes.

She only heard the doors opened and closed and the presence of another in the room.

"Mistress..."

The two maidservants who entered had a look of indignation and protectiveness for their master but above all was pity.

That day, the imperial decree came down conferring marriage to his Highness the ninth prince and the Bai family's fifth young miss.

Their master, imperial daughter Gao Le was about to board her carriage when she heard word of it and fainted. She hadn't woken up until now.

But who knew that when she first opened her eyes, the first to see were the tears endlessly flowing. Where was the usual dignified imperial daughter? She was clearly broken because of the decree.

The lady in the bed whose name was Yin Hua Lei silently shed tears, stubbornly refusing to let out even a sob. Her maidservants couldn't get near her nor could they also go out. For a while, the room was stifled.

Yin Hua Lei let her personal maids think whatever they wanted. Indeed, she was heartbroken but it was because of a different matter.

Since she was young, Yin Hua Lei often had strange dreams. People wearing scarce clothing, bizarre iron boxes that give off fumes, high structures where people went in and out and so on. They were interchanged with what seemed to be her future and past but she never dared accept them.

Those dreams continued to persist and by the time Yin Hua Lei was 10, she knew nobody would want to hear these kinds of atrocities. She learned how to properly shut up about these paranormal things.

It had always been a mystery to her. But tonight, she finally understood.

The dreams that plagued her to no end were visions of a different world outside this one. That world that housed alien things was actually the origin of this world.

She, Yin Hua Lei, was incarnated inside a novel! Unfortunately, she was nowhere near the female lead. Her malevolent actions towards Bai Chen Rong only proved the fact that she was the villainess who was meant to be destroyed by the protagonists.

Yin Hua Lei felt her back run cold. A long scar there felt fresh again and seemed to remind her that her path to destruction had begun long ago.

The maidservants to the side only saw their mistress' silhouette straighten up. A fair hand pushed the curtains aside. The two yatou[1] thought that indeed, a noble lady would always be noble.

Yin Hua Lei was pale and her face was damp with tears and sweat, her long jet black hair framed her stature but she stood in an imposing manner.

Without grabbing a cloak, the lady walked straight out of her room, down the hall, and out of her court.