Plans

Eventually I knew I had to get up and take a shower. I was itchy from the crusted blood and dirt covering me.

"Why didn't anyone rinse my off? I'm disgusting."

"Kane, wouldn't let any of us touch you except Doc," Mia admitted. "He brought you in snarling at everyone to get out of the way and took you straight here. Luckily werewolves don't have to worry about infections so Doc just did what he was told and sewed you up. I'm very glad that you regained consciousness so quickly."

"Well do you think that you could help me clean up?"

I looked down at my cloth bandages in dismay. I had one on my thigh, one that started at my ribs and converged around onto my stomach and a smaller one on my upper arm. As I slowly stood the stitches pulled against my skin unpleasantly. Mia eventually found some saran wrap and covered my bandages with the thin plastic to keep them from getting wet and helped me limp into the shower that was in the back of the room.

The water felt heavenly on my skin. I looked down at my arms and realized that I didn't have any cuts or scrapes or bruises to go along with my more serious wounds.

"So whats the healing time line here?" I asked Mia as I gingerly raised my arms to lather some scentless soap into the rat's nest on my head.

"Well generally the smaller things heal first, which I'm sure you noticed. The larger and more severe the wound the longer it takes to heal. It will still be much faster than your healing rate was as a human. Every werewolf is different it's based on how much innate power you have. I'm sure you'll heal quicker than expected."

Of course I would cause I was a Super Rogue. I rolled my eyes at the thought. I suppose though there could always be worse things than a quick recovery.

"Mia, there's something I need to tell you," my brain had yet to process Kane's confession, I mean maybe what I heard and what he said wasn't exactly the same. 

"I heard..."

"Oh, God. What... what do you think that was about?"

"I think we both know what it was about, and I think we both need to not mention it. You still haven't really tried to experience our world, and that's completely understandable. With the way you were changed no one is expecting you to jump headfirst into this life, but a lot of people expect a lot of things from Kane. You are not one of those things. The pack needs to learn to accept you as a part of the whole before the dynamic is turned on its head. Cassie, in the short time I've known you you have become my best friend, but I also love this pack and it can't take anymore upset right now. And we cannot look weak to the other packs or someone will try to swoop in and challenge Kane for alpha. So please Cassie, just... pretend like he didn't say anything. Just for now?"

There were a lot of reasons I loved Mia, this one especially. I didn't have to guess how Mia felt, or what she thought. She just told me. As sweet and kind as she was she wouldn't lie to you to save your or anyone else's feelings. And if it was really as important as she said I would forget that conversation ever happened. I didn't know much about pack structure. I sure didn't know anything about other packs, but I did know that Mia wouldn't lie to me. If she thought it was important for the pack's safety, for her safety, then I wouldn't think about Kane's words again. 

*************

After Mia helped me out of the shower and unwrapped me she got me a change of clothes and helped me out of the infirmary. 

"Why wasn't I here the first time I was injured by the rogue, when Kane bit me?"

"This is where we bring pack members to be cared for and to heal. The other room is for aggressive wolves, or hostiles from other packs," Mia casually explained.