MTM.14

it's different for humans

Yet?

The bed underneath me started to feel like it was a cage, the soft fabric turned scratchy as it wrapped around me and kept me tied there. I knew that it was all in my head, and I was only freaking myself out. Like always. Jumping up, I bounced off the bed and landed almost straight on the ground.

What to do in these situations? Well, candy is always my go-to tricky situation saver, but this was different. This was it, this had to be my WWVD moment. What would Viviana do?

"Yet?!" Following my gut, and calling after him while I began to follow his large shadow through the doorway he had just walked out of seconds before. Trying again, I asked in a much calmer tone, "What do you mean by 'yet'?"

Morpheus marched along, with long and confident strides. His shoulders up high, matching with the way he carried his own head. Not bothering to look back at me as he continued on his path through the empty hallway. Almost ignoring me completely, but I knew he could hear me, and clearly. My fists clenched together as I got ready to put on my top impersonation of my best friend. "Hello?!" My voice rang through the hall, "Hey! Wolfie, I'm talking to you!

Morpheus stopped, his body stiffened.

Bad idea? Too much Viviana?

"I-I just have some questions?" My statement came out as a question, and I had no idea whether he was going to answer them or not. So long, Viviana's confidence, and welcome, Emery's anxiety.

He turned, his head looking over his shoulder as he glared his green, dark eyes at me. Oh, if looks could kill. "What did you just call me?"

I felt my whole body shrivel up under his gaze, shrinking as I stood there with shaking legs. "Um," my brown eyes squinted as they looked anywhere but at him, drawing my bottom lip between my teeth, and breathing out a quiet, "well, I may have called you 'wolfie'?"

His left eye twitched, "Wolfie?"

I slowly nodded, and stepped back. "Yes, I did call you that," my hand slapped against the back of my neck awkwardly as my words came out far apart, stretched, "and, do I regret it? Certainly. Now, uh, I have a very important question that I really, really, really want answered."

Silence lingered in the air. Morpheus stood there, and I had my guesses on what he was thinking about. I wonder if there's any death ritual, do werewolves have those? Is he thinking about sacrificing me to the Moon Goddess herself? Wouldn't that just be his mother? 'Here, mother, a human sacrifice! Just like you've always wanted!'. After snorting loudly, I smacked my hand over my mouth.

His top lip pulled back into an almost small smile that I could only explain as unsettling, and he stood up to an even taller, intimidating height. "That man," he muttered to himself before speaking louder to me, "You shouldn't care about those matters."

"What?" I asked, my eyes widening in surprise, and I leaned my body away from his, taken back by an answer that I didn't know how to respond to, "Matters? This is my friend we're talking about. I know you know that."

He sighed, "Yes, and I said you shouldn't involve yourself in such matters." His eyes narrowed as he lifted his hand towards the entrance of the bedroom, "Get back into the room."

Stomping my feet against the ground that held me up, I soured my face, and stated, "I am not moving from this very spot until you tell me what you're planning to do with my friend."