Prologue

Prologue:

'Sunflower's P.O.V'

My owner was a short elderly lady who was blind and couldn't take care of herself. Every morning she would walk up to my window sill and talk to me about her old life.

But she suffered from Alzheimer's so I'm pretty sure she didn't know what she was talking about or even knew who she was talking to. But as a plant it was always Nice to have a human share their experience with us since plants can't move around or share our emotions, that's one thing I'll miss about humans.

But all that ended when the zombies attacked.

Outside my window sill, I had a perfect view of the city below me from the third floor and I watched as people were being infected and infecting others.

I look over to my owner and she's staring at the ceiling, dazed and aloof, completely oblivious to what was happening around her even though the people on the box with moving pictures were giving us information.

Outside of the room, I could hear people screaming and running down the halls and my owner continued to lay there completely immoble.

Wake up...

Please.

I tried to move my petals or stem or anything to get the woman's attention but she just laid there, and the heart monitor was beeping slowly.

Please! You need to get out of here, they're going to get you.

suddenly the door bursted open, but it wasn't a nurse or any of the doctors, it was a zombie , with gray and wrinkled skin, bulging eyes, ripped clothes.

I watched as it made my was to my owner and sunk it's teeth into her exposed arm.

Noooooo! I scream watching as my owner starts to shake and writhe and the heart monitor beats faster. Until it completely stops.

Then I'm knocked out of the window.