money.

olive in the mm.

Sage

"Where are you?" Olive asked through the phone as I sat in traffic, taking a pull from my blunt.

"I'm in traffic, babygirl but I'll be there soon." I explained to her while she smacked her lips.

"Stop pouting." I told her because I already knew that's what she was doing.

"I'm tired, it's cold and my feet hurt." She complained.

"I know, I'll be there as soon as I can."

"Okay but stay on the phone because it's getting dark." She said to me and I nodded.

I thought I would be there to pick her up in time but I didn't get a chance to leave the studio until 4:30pm. Plus the traffic on the highway, everybody wanted to drive slow for some reason.

"Come on!" I yelled, trying to get over so that I could get off at my exit but the other cars weren't trying to let me over.

"Stop yelling at people." Olive commented on my road rage.

"They can't see me or hear me, so it's good." I told her, referring to my windows being tinted.

I took a few more pulls from my blunt before putting it out and sitting it inside of the cup holder.

"How far are you?" She whined.

"I'm down the street, I'm getting off the highway now."

"Okay, hurry."

I finally got the chance to get over and get off at the exit. Once I got off, I traveled a few blocks before I reached the street we always meet on.

"What's up, little girl." I smiled as she got into my car, shivering.

"You were supposed to be here at 5, it's 5:45." She fussed, closing her door.

"I know, I apologize." I said to her as I leaned over to kiss her cheek and she turned her head to peck my lips.

I turned the heat up as she shivered, letting her get comfortable before I finally pulled off.

"You were smoking weed?" She asked, referring to the blunt in the cup holder.

Mentally cursing, I watched as she looked at me, awaiting a response.

"Yeah." I nodded my head and she turned her head to look out of the window.

I knew she was mad, she didn't like me smoking so I tried not to but going through depression isn't easy and that was my only way of coping.

"I apologize. I know you asked me not to but I'm just stressing right now, Olive."

She scoffed, turning back around to look at me.

"Am I not enough to ease your stress?"

I sighed, focusing on the road while she burned a hole in the side of my face, staring at me.

"I'm trying, Sage. I'm trying to be here for you because I know it's a lot but you have to work with me." She went on and I nodded.

"I get it, babygirl." I assured her and she looked at me for a while before turning back to the window.

"I won't smoke nomore."

"I promise, alright?" I said, rubbing her thigh and she shrugged.

"Sure." She spoke unfazed.

I huffed, resting my hand on her thigh while I drove. There was a long silence before I decided to speak again.

"You want to go to my house or yours?" I asked her and she shrugged.