12.) Flashbacks

"When are you gonna get yourself a car girl?" Terri, an associate of Egypt's asked as they stood outside having a smoke break.

"I do not drive, I keep telling y'all that. Too many crazy people on the road."

Terri laughed. "You sound like the younger me, all you gotta do is get crazy back."

"Long as my ex-husband and I are on good terms and he doesn't mind driving me around, I'm not complaining."

"You lucky, my ex told me I better use my two feet or catch the greyhound. I told him to kiss my ass and put him right on child support. The money that I didn't need for the kids I saved and got me a car," Terri explained.

Egypt laughed shaking her head, "At least you got it, my daughter's father couldn't even give her money, don't know what I saw in him."

"Blinded by love," Terri casually stated.

"That feeling is long gone,"

"He must've had a good pipe game then." She said.

Egypt busted out laughing. "I wouldn't even say that, I guess I thought he would change after I had I had his baby but was sadly mistaken."

"A baby won't change nor keep a man who doesn't want to be kept, especially not one that ain't ready to change. Only genuine love and maturity," Terri told her.

"You're right about that one, I just wish he wasn't such an asshole."

"It's hard E, daughters hold a special bond with their father just like they hold a different bond with their mother. But it's something about that father's love that just hits them different. I'm sure she'll find it in her stepdad." Terri explained as she tossed her cigarette.

"I hope so."

***

Carnival at Mountain Trashmore

"You okay with dis?" Kingston asked after he and Renae received their wristbands

"Yes, I haven't been here in a few years," she smiled as he moved her on the left side of him.

"Anything off limits?"

"I don't like the crazy rides."

"Cool wit me," he shrugged, "I don't fuck wit 'em either,"

"So where should we start first?" She queried.

"You lead, I'll follow," he answered.

Renae nodded, "Sounds good to me."