2.15

Al: "Move faster! Destroy all of the data and pack only the essentials and personal gear. The Order and Mercenary Guild will be on us soon if we dilly dally!"

Leo: "Stop standing there like ugly trees, we are going to be one unit soon. Help your new comrades pack their stuff so we get the hell out of here."

Misha and Kai didn't take long to pack Misha's things. He didn't have much to pack seeing as he never really did anything except for training and make weapons. They soon made their way to their new location.

Misha: "Where are we going?"

Kai: "Leo prepared a new base for us. That will be our new home."

Misha: "Home...uhk!"

Al: "Is something wrong?"

Misha held his head and his pace became unsteady. He felt the usual symptoms of a headache coming on. He hoped it would just subside but he knew it wasn't going to happen.

Kai: "He'll be fine. I've got him."

Al: "If he is feeling ill I will carry him the rest of the way. Misha let me know if you have any trouble making the trip."

Leo: "We don't have time, Al you need to come to the front and lead! Hurry up!"

Leo dragged Al away from Misha and Kai. He knew his protégé will take good care of Al's apprentice and the faster they can get to the base the faster he can make Al forget about anything but him.

Kai watched Leo cart Al away and pulled Misha away from his protective embrace to see how he was fairing. He could see Misha's eyes were scrunched in pain and placed his hand over Misha's forehead. He didn't know exactly how to do it but he simply channeled the wish he could alleviate the pain into his palm just as he had felt he had done so long ago. The wrinkle between Misha's brow relaxed instantly.

Misha: "You are able to keep your powers from the previous world?"

Kai: "To be honest I don't remember the previous world very well. I just wished you wouldn't be in pain anymore and my hand automatically moves."

Misha was surprised.

Misha: "You don't remember the world we were previously in? Then how did you know who I was and does that mean you don't remember the time we spent together? The way you would cook for me, the way you comforted me or the times we fought abberants together back to back?"

Misha's hands clutched at Kai's sleeve tightly. Sadness welled up inside him, thinking Kai doesn't remember all the times he whispered love and comfort until he slowly started to believe them. He doesn't remember the times they connected and when he soothed the wounds covering his heart and the scars that lined his body. The despair that ripped across his chest was worse than any headache pounding between his ears. He felt as though the air was stolen from his lungs and needles were clogging his throat.

Kai gasped and clutched his own chest. The pain transferred through the insignias was debilitating. He didn't want Misha to know he could feel his sadness as pain so he grit his teeth and didn't reveal any tells that could give him away.

Kai: "It's not as though I forget everything. I remember key events like how we met, the meals I used to woo you..."

Kai leaned really close to Misha's ear and whispered sultrily in his ear.

Kai: "And of course I could never forget the first time I was inside you."

Misha's ears went from a creamy white to flaming red in an instant. He pushed Kai away and moved to keep up with the rest of the group.

Misha: "Hurry up! We're falling behind as it is."

Kai sighed in relief as the pain from the insignia disappeared, he quickly followed after Misha, the both of them disregarding the fact they were lagging in the first place because of Misha.

It didn't take long for them to reach their new home. It was an unassuming building by the coast facing the ocean. It wasn't very far from the warehouse Misha and Wyatt were in when they first arrived in this world.

Misha: "Huh, we've come in a full circle."

[I've always wondered about that. That phrase indicates that you go back to where you once began but in reality you can never truly go back to the beginning. There is simply an end and a beginning. An end can't be the same as the original beginning it started from because of all the confusing twists and the occasional sharp turns you go through to get to the end. An end can look similar but can never touch the beginning it originated from, it would be more accurate as say a spiral! A better way to phrase it would be to say we've gone through a turn of a spiral but then again nobody really asked me.]

Misha took a moment to think over Wyatt's words. After deliberation he decided he liked Wyatt's phrase better.

Misha: "Well from now on I'll say it. We've gone through a turn of a spiral."

When they arrived inside, the building was a lot more impressive than the outside made it seem. The room was tastefully decorated in calm green, blue and black tones. The furniture were designed with luxury and ergonomics in mind. The rooms were fitted with the most technologically advanced devices and weapons of all kinds were hidden in every nook and cranny.

Kai quickly grabbed Misha and pulled him away from the others. He took him to a room secluded from the main hallways. Opening the door revealed a welcoming room softly lit by the natural light shining through the tinted windows. The setting sun beyond the water line Misha saw at this moment was one of the most beautiful things he'd ever seen. It was much more than those superficial generic photo commonly sold at coastal gift shops he'd glanced at. The water was calm yet somehow looked playful as it shimmered as though thousands of diamonds were twinkling across it's surface. The vivid array of warm colors in the sky constracted with the dark waters were separated with only a thin line.

"It's incredible" Misha reverently whispered, afraid he would destroy the moment if he spoke too loudly.

Kai: "Yes it is."

Kai wasn't looking out the window as Misha was, rather he was watching Misha take in the view he had given him. When the mercenaries were first looking for a base, Kai found this particular room and wanted to show it to Misha. So no matter how hard the other members wanted this room, Kai swiftly beat them in submission.

Misha excited turned to Kai to say something but noticed that Kai wan't looking at the view as he thought. Kai was staring at him just as awed as he had been when he saw the sunset.

Kai whispered: "Really Incredible"

-----------------------------

https://www.gofundme.com/support-this-small-author