13.) Second Base

"That center was supposed to help you! What the hell was that?!" Egypt yelled.

"Do you really think yelling at her is gonna help?" King asked and she cocked her head.

"First of all I don't even know you, you got a pass for saving her but don't stand here trying to tell me how to speak to MY child!" She snapped and Bryson stood in front of her when she tried to get in his face.

"Since das yo mom, I'ma keep quiet." He replied looking at Renae.

"Is this another cry for attention?" She asked picking up the house phone and Kingston shook his head disappointedly."

It was obvious Renae did not want to speak but she was forcing it.

"That's alright because you're going right back, you have no reason to be depressed anymore! We have a roof over our heads now! So there's no ex— I KILLED SOMEBODY!" Renae yelled cutting her off.

Everyone turned their attention to her.

Egypt dropped the phone and took a step closer.

"What?"

"I killed someone..." she repeated, Kingston squatted down in front of her and she stared into his eyes.

"It was an accident."

"What do you mean accident? What in the hell is going on?" Egypt asked taking a seat in the nearby chair.

"What happened?" Kingston asked holding her hands and she shook her head.

"It was an accident, I didn't mean to." She cried wiping her face angrily.

"And someone died trying to help me. YOU WEREN'T THERE!" She screamed pointing to her mom and Egypt furrowed her brows taken aback by her sudden mood change.

She was about to reply until Bryson stopped her.

He noticed that Renae seemed more open when she was around Kingston.

"Don't do dat Nae, it wasn't her fault ma." King tried to tell her but she nodded furiously.

"SHE sent me there! If she would've just talked to me I would've told her. YOU! Sent me there! This is your fault!" She snapped getting up trying to go towards her but King stood up sure to stand in her way.

"Those men beat and assaulted me! Every fucking night, sometimes there were two! Sometimes it was just that one. I almost died in there... TWICE! This is your fault!" She screamed trying to walk around King but he wouldn't allow her.

Egypt couldn't even say anything, she was still stuck on the dead man part.

How did she not see the signs?

"It's her fault and you know it!" She yelled pushing King back.

"She didn't know Nae." He spoke calmly as he allowed her to push him again.

"Yes she did! She did!" She cried hitting on his chest.

"She did" she repeated as she broke down in his arms.

Shaking his head, he went down to the floor with her and pulled her body into his as she cried harder.

"She did it!" Was all she kept repeating as she hit her fist into the floor repeatedly.

Hurt and slightly upset with himself, Bryson walked Egypt out the room just as she herself ended up having a breakdown.

Ever since the incident Renae has held resentment towards her because she felt if she didn't listen to the nurse and listened to her then she wouldn't have went through what she did.