|Fifty-Three|

WARNING- This chapter might result in screaming at the end.

Enjoy.

*

Sealing the letter in the envelope, I refrained from stamping the royal seal. It was best to deliver this without any clues on it.

I ordered Heralt's presence in the pack study through our mind link and he obliged knocking at the door three minutes later.

He was alone like I ordered him. "Come in."

Heralt immediately greeted me with a bow. "I have a task for you."

He raised his head and his eyes met mine. "Anything, Alpha King."

It was a dangerous task, and he was one of my few men I trusted. He doesn't serve in the front lines but at the remain at the back, working from the shadows. Investigating cases was his speciality not fighting.

Refraining from actual talking, I mind linked him. 'I want this letter delivered.'

Confusion registered all over his face but he didn't question my action instead replied through the mind link. 'Yes, Alpha King.'

'I don't want anyone to know about this letter, no one but the receiver.'

'As you wish.'

We maintained eye contact as we spoke through the link. I made sure to shut everyone else out so as not to let anyone listen in to our conversation.

If the letter gets in the hands of someone from the opposing side, everything will be in ruins and it will be our ultimate end. Many lives will be at stake and I wanted him to know  the severity of the situation.

Even the walls have ears, as the popular saying goes and I was the end of my wits dubious of the people around me. Regarding the strength of our foe, I didn't want to take any chances.

'Deliver to this Gordon by tomorrow.' I said through the link, pushing the unnamed letter forward over the desk. Heralt visibly paled when I named the destination. 'It's a dangerous task, can you do it, Heralt?'

With hasty steps, he got near the desk and picked the letter off the desk, shoving it inside his coat. 'I will comply by your order, Alpha King.'

Seeing his strong resolve, I was pleased. With a nod, I gave him the name who was supposed to receive the letter.

'Very well, Alpha King. I shall take my leave now.' Heralt made his exit after I gave the name of the said receiver of the letter.

Despite the raging tension that was going around the pack and everywhere, I believe Heralt will deliver the letter in time and will be back with good news.

Letting out a breath, I exited my study and the pack house. Damien stood by the door, waiting for me. "Is everything ready?" I questioned looking forward.

There was a peaceful air surrounding our pack and I will make sure it stayed like that forever, for as long as I lived by.

"Yes Alpha King. The emergency safe house is ready and prepared, if the situation arises for the evacuation of the pack members, it will be done without any trouble." Damien notified me.

The passage from where we were certain they were going to attack our pack was at more than two hours distance from the main pack grounds.

I didn't want my people to panic and create a state of fear in the pack and disrupt their peaceful live, I will do anything to keep the fight away from our home.