Chapter Twenty Six

"Morning Basil" said Mr Weasley, passing the boot to the man standing in front of us.
"Hello Arthur" Basil greeted wearily "Not on duty eh? It's alright for some .. we've been here all night ... you'd better get out of the way, a big party's set to arrive at five fifteen from the Black Forest. Hang on I'll find your campsite ... Weasley ..." he consulted his list, nurturing silently to himself as he looked "Ah! About a quarter of a miles walk over there, first field you come to. Site managers called Mr Roberts"

Getting bored, I zoned out, subconsciously tracing Fred's hand with my fingers, which was still in my grip.
We walked over to Mr Roberts, and were directed over to our tents. The first obvious problem was that the tents weren't set up.
"Right" said Mr Weasley excitedly "No magic allowed, so we'll be putting these up by hand. Shouldn't be too difficult - muggles do it all the time. Anyone know how to set up a tent?"
"I was in Girl Scouts when I was younger, we went camping quite a lot" I said, stepping forward and starting assembling the first one.
"Harry and Hermione you just copy everything I do on that one okay?"
They nodded and got to work.
Mr Weasley insisted on helping, but was more of a hinderance, especially when it came to the mallet. Apart from that though, the tents were up within an hour, however looking at the size of the two tents I couldn't see how on earth everybody was going to fit.

"We'll be a bit cramped" said Mr Weasley "but I think we'll all squeeze in - come have a look!"
The younger ones entered first, leaving me outside with the twins.
"I heard Ludo is doing a bet - you still doing it?" I asked quietly
George nodded determinedly as Fred gave me a thumbs up.
"I just want you to be careful. I think our prediction is right but Ludo's never been good with money, I'm afraid he might run off with it" I said, rocking back and forth on my heels nervously.
"We'll be fine. We have two brothers who could attack him if needed" Fred pointed out.
"I'd like to see Bagman try to take on a full sized dragon - Or try to escape an Egyptian tomb" George laughed.

A head poked out of the tent opening.
"You coming in or what?" Ginny said, before retreating back inside. I let out a short laugh, before entering.
"Bloody hell Hermione it's like the TARDIS" I gasped in wonder.
"That's what I just said!" She laughed
"What's a TARDIS?" George asked confused
"Don't you worry your pretty little head about it Georgie, the smart people are talking"

"We'll need water" Mr Weasley said, peering into an empty kettle.
"There's a tap marked on the map the muggle gave us" Ron explained "it's on the other side of the field"
"Why don't you, Harry and Hermione go and get some water then -" He said, passing them the kettle and some saucepans "- and the rest of us will get some wood for the fire"
"But we've got an oven" Ron pointed out, as if it was the most obvious thing in the world.
"Ron, anti muggle security!" his dad replied, face shining with anticipation "when real muggles cook they use fires!"

After a quick tour of the tent us girls would be staying in, the golden trio went off to collect the water.
"Righty-o" Arthur said with a clap "let's get some firewood"

It took about 10 minutes of looking around in the forest that was basically right next to our tent for us to find plenty of firewood.
On the quick walk back to the tent, I was stopped by a loud whistle. I turned my head to the side, locking eyes with Charlie Dolohov.
"What In Merlin's name do you want prick?"
"Look at you - carrying firewood like a common house elf" He sniggered.
"Aw is daddy not around at the moment Charlie?" I said with a pout "how's he liking Azkaban"

He growled, taking forceful steps towards me, only stopping when a voice called his name.
"Mummy's calling. Be a dear and send her a kiss from me, she's awfully hot isn't she. It's a shame those genes weren't passed on to you" I grinned, venom sneaking into my voice.
Before he could reply, Mr Weasley and the twins appeared behind me.
"Any problem here?" Mr Weasley asked, voice stern as he looked at the boy.
With a sneer, he turned around and ran away.
"What did he want?" George questioned, anger spread across his face.
"We all know Charlie - wanted my attention so decided to act tough"
"I never did understand his obsession with you, it was all after you tripped him up wasn't it?" Fred added, arms tightly crossed.
"Yeah, think he's embarrassed so keeps trying to get back at me - which is not going to happen"
"Damn straight" Fred said, glaring at his retreating figure.
"Anyway, want me to show you how to make fire Arthur?"

"Okay so you have this - it's called a lighter. You flick this here and voila" I explained, pushing on the button and showing him the fire that came out of the top.
"Wonderous!" Arthur exclaimed, watching me put the fire to the kindling, and then stack the twigs on top.
"Give it about an hour and it will be hot enough to boil water" I said with a smile, passing Arthur the lighter so he could examine it.
I moved to sit next to Fred, who was having another quidditch conversation, this time with his twin and Ginny.

As they all discussed the likelihood of each team winning, I saw Wood in the distance waving at me frantically.
Grinning, I ran over to him and caught him in a hug.
"OLIVER WOOOD!" I shouted, backing away and giving him a once over "you are looking good"
I could hear Fred walk up behind me, placing his hand around my waist as if making a statement.
"Finally!" Wood exclaimed "grew some balls eh Fred?"
"Actually it was me, if I hadn't done anything we'd still be awkwardly skirting around our feelings" I snorted. Fred just shrugged, not really in the position to argue seeing as it was true.
"Any news for us?" I asked expectantly, seeing Fred wave George over in the corner of my eye.
Once all three of us were listening, Oliver let out a big grin.
"I made the reserve team"
I let out a massive whoop, jumping up and down in excitement.
"that's wicked!" George yelled, slapping his back in congratulations.
"We better get free shit" Fred laughed, copying his brother's actions.
"Is the team here?" I asked "I think we have some amazing stories I'm sure they'd love to hear"
He shook his head maniacally
"Nope. No way. Never"

"I'm just joking I'd never tell anyone about the time you were so tired that you thought an orange was the snitch, so you grabbed it and started running around the great hall at 7am screaming that you won the match" I said with an evil grin.
"Or that time where you kissed Miles Chang because he accidentally knocked out the Ravenclaw chaser who was about to score a goal" George added, with a matching evil grin.
"Or the time where you had a panic attack because you couldn't find the chalk for the blackboard so you couldn't draw up the match plan" Fred chimed in.
"I GET IT" Oliver yelled, head hung in shame.
"Aw don't worry buddy. We've got your back" I said, patting his arm lightly.
"Yeah, give us free tickets to your games and we'll totally come and watch" George said with a wink.
Oliver laughed, shaking his head at us.
"I've missed you guys" he said, getting slightly teared up.
"Aw don't worry Wood" Fred said "everyone on the team is gonna miss you this year"
I gave him a hug, pulling the twins in with me.
"We love you Ollie" George said in a high voice "so manly on the broom"
"Sounds like you have a bit of a crush there Georgie" I snorted.
"well I can't blame him. Have you seen me" he joked, starting to flex his muscles, his face morphed into a joke pout.
I pretended to swoon, falling backwards into Fred's arms.
"Oh Fred" I gasped "hes just too manly - the muscles - I cant handle it"
George also fell onto Fred, "the testosterone is too much - my sexuality is changing from his sheer manliness"
Fred scoffed, pushing us both off him, and I landed on the floor with a crash.
Oliver just laughed, shaking his head before checking his watch.
"Oh shit - I was supposed to meet the te- Uh - my mum - ten minutes ago" he said, waving at us before leaving.
"No! My love! Come back to me!" George wailed, now flopping around on the floor.