[19] - Would I Be Worth It?

| stranger |

*

"Hey um..."

"I..."

"I really don't know why I'm here."

"But...I am. And that's a step, right?"

Beep. Beep.

"There's so many things I want to say."

"I want to yell and scream at you. I want you to feel the pain that I felt..."

"Why couldn't you just come home once and a while, to make sure I was doing ok, or the least that I was alive?"

"You and mom...you guys were never there for me."

"Why?"

"All I want to know is why..."

Beep. Beep. Beep.

"School has been..alright, I guess? Not failing any of my classes."

"..."

"I'm a barista and work the drive through at chipotle. Impressive right? Aren't you proud...p-proud of your son?"

"I'll be quitting them soon. Cam—a friend of mine—convinced me to train to become an EMT or a paramedic—whatever. It's..gonna be difficult, that's for sure."

"I've been working hard for it. Really really hard. I wish you were here to tell me 'good job champ, I'm proud of you'."

"God..."

"Why is it so hard to hate you?"

"..."

Beep. Beep. Beep.

"I've been talking to this girl too. It's not like that though. She's...she's having a really hard time dealing with things and I'm trying my best to help but..."

"Her problems...we can relate on. Alex is really sad and depressed and I'm worried that..she'll try to kill herself. I'm sure she has attempted to before. Stopped her once. Probably shouldn't have said that—you aren't really..capable of telling anyone anyways, so it doesn't matter."

"..."

"Wanna know how we relate?"

"I've tried to kill myself too dad..."

"But you weren't there."

"You weren't there for most of my birthdays, skinned knees, heartbreaks. All you ever seemed to care about was work."

"All I want to know is...if you could, would you go back and change everything to see me grow up?"

"Would I be worth it?"

*
Hey guys! Here's another chapter for you. It's shorter but there's a reason I wrote it. Also shows more into the characters' lives.

Questions:
• In the last chapter, Alex said how she would have nothing to leave behind. Do you think there's some sort of correlation with that and this chapter?
•Does Stranger have some things left unsaid?
•Who or what would Stranger be leaving behind?

Thank you all for the love and support. It means a lot :)

Until next time

❤️