Part 1: ocean blue eyes

El woke up in her new bed, she had barely slept because she was worried about her first day at her new high school. She got dressed into her cute dungarees and walked out into the kitchen of her new house to see an old face, Hopper, her father. "Hey kid, did ya sleep alright?" he said as he put eggo waffles into the toaster, "yeah.." she replied as she sat down, El wasn't very talkative most of the time but today was different because she was quite nervous.
She ate her waffles and took a shower. When she got out of the shower it was 8:30am so she hurried around the place brushing her teeth and finding all her books.
When she was finished everything she rushed out the door with a "bye dad!". She cycled to school and walked in late because it took her a while to strap her bike in with the lock.
She found the secretary, the secretary said "Maxine Mayfield will be showing you around the school before you go to class" and as if magic a girl with firey red hair walked down the corridor towards her. The girl said "Hey I'm Max" with a warm smile holding out her hand. El shaked it and said shyly "I'm El".
They walked around the whole school and Max was showing her all the classrooms and told her what she'll be learning in every different classroom but El just looked at her not hearing a thing and just seeing Max in slow motion because of how beautiful she was. It was like Max had cast a spell on El.
At the end of the tour Max turned to El and said "Well that's everything you need to know, uhm see ya around El" she smiled, gave a little wave and walked off. El watched her as she disappeared around a corner and then it was like the spell lifted. She then walked to english class, it was the only one she remembered because it was her favorite subject.
She opened the door shyly and the teacher said "come in, come in, everyone this is Elenor Hopper, she's new here so I expect everyone to treat her nicely" she sat down in the only empty seat which was next to a nice looking boy with a welcoming look on his face. "Hi I'm Will" he whispered with a smile, "Hey.." she said and then she added "I hate being called Elenor so please call me El" he nodded.
After a few classes, none with Max though, it was Lunch time and El was super hungry.
She walked to the cafeteria, put fries and a mini milk carton on her tray and then walked to a table that had no one else sitting at it.
She hadn't even eaten one frie when Will came to sit with her. "Hope ya don't mind" he said as he took a bite out of his roll, "No not at all" she replied with a tiny smile on her face. He looked up to see her smiling "woah I thought you weren't capable of smiling" he said shocked "well I'm just happy that today is going better than the nightmare I pictured" said El looking down and eating some fries.
A few minutes had passed when she looked and saw Max talking with her friends at a nearby table. Will looked at El to see her watching Max laughing and he said raising his eyebrows "take a picture, it'll last longer", El slapped his arm playfully as he giggled.
While she was finishing her milk she looked up for the 30th time at Max and all of a sudden Max caught her eyes and stared deeply into them for what felt like years. Max's light ocean blue eyes were so entrancing that El couldn't tell if it was really happening or she was just dreaming.
The lunch bell rang and El jolted a bit in shock because everything supposedly fell silent in their staring session. She watched Max walk away with her friends and noticed that Max turned around to look back at El for a split second before going out of the lunch hall.
El came back to reality again because Will was waving his hands infront of her face "helloooo? come on we have French!" he said. They both got there bags and speed walked to French class.
It was 4pm and the bell rang again to indicate it was the end of El's first day at hawkin's high school.
She went to her locker to put the books she didn't need for homework in there. Will walked over to her "want my snapchat user so we will be able to contact eachother?" she nodded and they exchanged snapchat usernames. He waved as he exited "bye El" she waved back and put another book into her locker.
She was about to close her locker when Max approached her "Hiya" Max said with a tiny bit of a blush on her soft cheeks. El gulped and stuttered "H-Hey", "so did you make any friends or did you just about survive your first day?", "y-yeah I made friends with a boy named Will Byers", "ooh that little nerd, yeah he's nice", "mhm.." El was blushing so she looked down "anyways I gotta go now, my mom hates when I'm late..see ya El" Max said while she rolled her eyes playfully and walked off but before she left she said "Don't be afraid to come sit at our lunch table tomorrow El!"...
All she could think about for the rest of the day was Max, Max, Max...