seven

[eight months before the epilogue] 

Kaycee was exploding, to say the least, the last three months of pregnancy have been the worse so far — she would exchange everything for the morning sickness again because at least at the beginning she still felt like a human being that could function.

Now she was so big that she couldn't put on her own shoes if they were anything else than sandals, and she was constantly out of breath — even talking and walking at the same time was hard on her.

The baby was moving a lot too and she was so low on Kaycee's belly that she was peeing at every second, and she had this constant pain in her low area — being real, her vagina — because her daughter was getting ready to be born.

But even though she was feeling quite miserable, she still couldn't stand it because she was also constantly bored to her mind since she had always been a person that was constantly moving, never standing still.

She stopped dancing around the sixth month, but she still gave classes until the beginning at the eight-month with the help of her friends assisting her — but then the doctor said she should stop because the exercise could make the baby want to come out earlier, and Kaycee wanted for Jia to stay in as long as possible so she would be birthed with all the healthy.

So now Kaycee would go on walks downtown, in which she would get some ice cream or she would drive to target so she could go on with her new obsession: buying baby's onesie — so there she was once again at target with a car full of baby things she already has in some sort of version but is too cute not to go home with her.

"Oh my, get her this." Said Bailey, holding a onesie made a fur that mimicked a bear.

"We live in California, where she's gonna wear that?" Asked Kaycee.

The other shrugged. "In places with ac?"

"You convinced me, put it in the car." She said as they both laughed and kept going through the store.

"So, the doctor gave until when for her to be born?" Asked Bailey.

She sighed thinking. "Until Friday but being honest she can come out at any minute now, I've been having these contractions since yesterday and..."

"What?!" Bailey stopped the car out of the blue. "Should I be taking you to the hospital?"

Kaycee laughed at her friend's face, she was terrified. "No, don't worry they haven't been on time and the doctor said that I would feel some Braxton-hicks contractions."

"And was I supposed to know what that is?" She asked as they walked to pay.

"It's like fake contractions, basically I'm fine until my water breaks or until I start getting real contractions with a short space of time in between." She said.

And as if it was a hint for her baby to do something, Kaycee felt a pop and suddenly her legs were drenched in water. "WHAT is that?" Asked Bailey.

"I think the first one just happened." Said Kaycee, insanely calm for someone that could be having a baby at any minute now.

"Oh wow? What? Now I have to take you to the hospital?" Said Bailey looking around, everyone was starting to notice the commotion. "my friend is having a kid, she's having a kid."

"Shut up, Bails, I'm not having her at this second." She said as an employer from the store approached them asking if she wanted for them to call an ambulance. "No, thank you sir but she can drive me..." She said turning to her friend and asked in a very demanded way as she started to feel some pain. "You can drive me right?"

"Can I?" Bailey asked nervously before seeing the anger in Kaycee's face. "Of course I can drive you, come on."

They left the store and walked to Bailey's car. "Okay, Bails I need you to be with me right now okay? We are gonna get in the car and while I call Gabe you will call my mom and ask her to got to my house and to get my hospital bag and the baby's bag, they are both by the door."