00; Prologue

tw! suicide

She stumbled as she got off the ladder, on the roof, the full moon beamed at her, reflecting in her eyes to show the sparks of plain brown in them. She looked around curiously and tucked her hands in the pockets of her jacket, walking to edge of the roof, the small bits of rocks crunching beneath her feet at every step she took.

She was only so young, so vulnerable, and so tired. She had enough. Emotions could never build up inside of her. It was like she was only stone on the inside. She always felt weird in a room that brought people joy, that would make her happy. That should have made her happy.

She stepped up on the ledge, but turned her head to the side as she heard the footsteps of someone behind her. The stars shone in front of her, in a beautiful sign, which she could not understand. But she knew that her friend would. The one standing behind her, the one who worried about her, and her wellbeing. The one who was fascinated by the sky.

"Please," her friend pleaded, stepping cautiously behind her. "You don't have to do this."

"No, I have to," she shook her head. She hated how she sounded right now. So broken, sad, and so lifeless. "There is no other way."

"No, no," her friend cried out, tears falling from her eyes like a river. "Please, we'll figure this out, just-please, get down from there."

"I'm sorry."

A scream lurched from her friend's throat, as she stepped back, falling down. She wondered if this was what it was like. Was this freedom? To her, it was. Now, she did not want to die. She wanted the pain to go away. She wanted to stop suffering.

She could see the windows narrowing as she fell from the great height. Not a single person noticed her, but even if they did, they could not have been able to do anything.

More importantly, she saw her friend from above, heard her screaming, before she hit the ground, on her back, legs positioned in a painful way, while her hands were straight up, on each side of her head.

She slowly felt more dizzy, her eyelids getting heavy and her heart rate slowing down, she felt her oxygen cut off. She gasped for air, though she did not want to. It was a reflex.

A broken scream escaped her lips, before she let out her last breath.

▪▪▪