Chapter 24- Vines

Rena Rouge stared into Adrien's tearful eyes as she became aware that they were out in the open.

"Cha-I mean... Adrien!" Rena rushed over and kneeled beside him as he cradled Marinette.

"Marinette! Wake up!"

She shook the dark-haired girl who's head simply limped over when she tried to set her up. Adrien rubbed his hands together to bring the feeling back and flexed his toes.

"I-I can carry her... we need to get her somewhere safe-"

"No, we need to get you both somewhere safe!"

"What are you talking about? Let me help!" Chat argued, feeling more worthless than he already was.

"Without powers? You said Plagg's frozen inside the ring."

"Yes, but that doesn't mean-"

"I said no!" Rena pulled out her flute and pointed it at him. "You will not help! You will keep Marinette safe, you hear me?" She raised an eyebrow and Adrien nodded quickly, knowing better than to mess with her.

"Smart choice, kid." A small voice caused him to jump. A green turtle flew past him and he scrunched his nose.

"Have we met?" Adrien asked.

"Not likely. I'm Master Fu's kwami, Wayzz."

"Wait... turtle? Like Carapace?"

Rena punched him on the shoulder to shut him up. "Not now!" She hissed.

Wayzz flew down beside Marinette's head and laid his tiny hand against her temple. He closed his eyes as his energy started to glow around her.

"She's alive, but barely. You must get her somewhere warm within the next 10 minutes or her frostbite and hypothermia will become much worse."

"Good. Adrien, get her somewhere safe, I'll take care of Ms. Emotional over there."

Her gaze drifted to the Eiffel Tower in which was almost completely covered in vines and other earthly things.

"Are you sure you can-"

"Yes, now go! I won't ask again, Agreste!"

Did she just call me Agreste?

Adrien watched as the girl hopped forward and rushed in the direction of Paris' famous landmark, leaving him with Marinette and Wayzz.

"Come on, child. I know where we can take Marinette."

.·:*¨¨* ≈☆≈ *¨¨*:·.

Tikki sat on Master's shoulder staring down at her sleeping holder. Marinette looked so peaceful as she lay on the blankets. Her body was burning but her temperature was dangerously low.

"Master Fu..." She whispered, careful not to wake Marinette. She knew how crucial these hours were for recovery.

"Tikki, you are still sick. You need to get some rest." The old man stated quickly, tucking the blankets upwards to cover Marinette's shoulders.