Chapter Sixteen

I wake up with a yawn, I woke up yet again last night but it wasn't as bad as usual, thankfully. I just stayed in my bed though, can't let Eric force me into his room again.

'How many times must I flipping tell you?!' the voice in my mind screams, 'he didn't force you, you wanted too, remember?!'

That's a small detail.

'Actually, it's a huge one.'

Today is visiting day, and since I have no family that would bother to come and see me, so I have the whole day off! Yay for me?

I decided to go shopping for clothes, everyone was raving over how the new line looked so cool, and there were even some that were 'super cute' so that sounds pretty safe... Since I'm still a transfer, I have, like, an unlimited amount of money so why not?

I limit myself to buying only two outfits though. But once I get there I almost rethink my idea. But I've never been huge on clothes so I'll just stick with the only two outfits.

I look through a few racks before going to try on a pair of black tights, a cute black mini skirt, this sweater-shirt, and knee-high black boots. I wish there were other colors, but then I spot a red leather jacket, and immediately pick it up.

The outfit is pretty cute, too dark for my taste, I wish there were some purples, but oh well. I put the outfit in my shopping bag, then proceed to look at some of the other outfits. I immediately spot a pair of black ripped jeans, and I can hear them calling my name.

'Olivia!'

'Olivia!'

So I pick them up, and a sparkly red crop top. I also grab a pair of cute black wedges, I always loved wedges but was never allowed to wear them back in Amity.

Walking out of the shop, all of that originally would've been about a hundred dollars, but I got it for free. I should probably stock up if it was going to be that expensive. I look around and see everyone rejoicing with their family members, the air was very happy and emotional.

"Olive," my blood runs cold.

I told myself repeatedly it wouldn't have happened. Over and over and over again. I jinxed myself. I stand up straighter, hiding the pained expression on my face.

"I thought I told you not to join Dauntless,"

"Why'd you come?" I growled out, narrowing my eyes.

"Aw, Olive," he coos, "it's visiting day for the families, remember?"

"You're not my family," I said quietly, "you're not even my father,"

"Well, that's technically true but I did raise you-" he shrugged his shoulders, and I looked at him weirdly.

"What did you just say?" I whispered, and he chuckled darkly.

"I'm not your father, sweetheart,"

"Who is then?" I scoffed, rolling my eyes.

"Why do you think she left Amity, hm?" He raised an eyebrow, and I looked away.

"You're lying," I stated, backing away from him.

"I wish I was," he grinned, "don't make a scene, dear,"

"Get away from me," I glowered at him, using a threatening voice.

"I would never treat my own daughter how I treated you, it was more of a... Punishment, to your mother, I never really loved her either though, it was an arranged marriage," he rolled his eyes, "but I'm not Raelynn's father either,"