twelve

Chaeyoung spent the next two days finding herself lost in thought more times than she cared to count. She couldn't get Lisa out of her head. She kept wondering what would have happened if she had the nerve to kiss her behind the bar Monday night. In that moment it really felt like Lisa was interested in her too but she couldn't be sure. She was lost in that moment again when she heard a quick knock on her office door and Jisoo came strolling in with a big smile on her face.

"I just got a bouquet of flowers delivered to my office," Jisoo said in a sing song voice.

"Is there an occasion?" Chaeyoung asked, "Because I feel pretty confident Jisoo is getting laid as much as she wants without the flowers."

Jisoo laughed, "Actually it's one month since our first date, which I didn't even realize until I read the card."

"So are you going to do something for Jennie now?" Chaeyoung asked.

"I'm going to stop on the way home and buy some new lingerie," Jisoo said, "I don't think you really want to hear the rest of what I'm going to do."

"Why, why did I ask?" Chaeyoung said laughing. She looked over to her phone which was buzzing from a text. She could feel her face blush as she read the message.

"Can I please have one guess who that is from?" Jisoo said.

"Oh, shut up," Chaeyoung answered.

"Come on, I know it's Lisa," Jisoo said, "you looked so thirsty for her Monday night."

"Do you think she noticed?" Chaeyoung asked.

"Did you notice how she was looking at you?" Jisoo asked.

"No, she wasn't," Chaeyoung said, "Well maybe one time I thought she might be."

"You two are seriously hopeless," Jisoo said, "Come on, what does the text say?"

Chaeyoung laughed as she showed Jisoo the text.

Lisa: Are you available this Monday?

"She is totally calling you on your Monday bullshit," Jisoo said, "that's hilarious."

"Well, for your information, I told Joy not to schedule anything for Mondays in the future so it is no longer a lie," Chaeyoung said.

"So, she's asking you out," Jisoo said, "hurry up and answer. She's probably dying somewhere waiting for your reply."

"She's not necessarily asking me out on a date or anything," Chaeyoung said typing.

Chaeyoung: I'm free after 11:30 for the rest of the day

"Look, three dots, she's answering already," Jisoo said, "I told you she was waiting for you."

Chaeyoung laughed at Jisoo's giddiness.

Lisa: Do you want to go to Gyeonggi-do with me? I haven't been there since I've been back. Just want to explore a bit.

Chaeyoung: Sure, do you want me to drive?

Lisa: Probably best, I hardly ever drive and I might terrify you LOL

Chaeyoung: (laughing emoji) see you then

Jisoo read along with the text string.

"My goodness, Park Chaeyoung replying to text messages, let alone using an emoji," Jisoo said, "you've got it bad."

"I use emojis with you sometimes," Chaeyoung said.