Chapter 46: "Discord"

After the hug had ended, you and Papyrus pulled apart. Fresh smiles are on each of your faces and you look down at your feet bashfully. As you took a moment to gather your thoughts after the exciting event, you found yourself playing with the strings of Papyrus' hoodie. It helped you concentrate on your thoughts, but also kept you from getting overwhelmed whilst thinking about things.

"i don't know if this is too sudden, i haven't done this in a while..." Papyrus began, shuffling on his feet "but, uh–are you free to go on a date this week?" He asked, looking to you hopefully. You of course smiled and nodded. "Of course! Where to? I should be free basically all week. Well, except Wednesday night. We have the movie with Evony then." You replied, looking up at him attentively.

"right! keep forgettin' about that, uh, how about... saturday around 6:00 pm?" He suggested, then paused. "as for the location, that's classified. i want it to be a surprise, (y/n)." He uttered before he grinned from 'earhole' to 'earhole'. You giggled slightly at this, then nodded. "Of course! I understand."

Remembering something you'd almost forgotten, you looked down to Papyrus' bag of stuff and took the small bag of cookies out of it. "My neighbor sent these over. One's for you, one's for Sans." You explained as you held it out, then dumped them in his hand along with his bag of belongings.

"damn, that was mighty nice of 'er, huh?" Papyrus remarked and you nodded, playing with your hair gently. "She's super sweet, I need to finish a drawing I've been doing for her as a thanks. She's supplied me with so many cookies, she's honestly amazing." He laughed at this, then shifted his weight onto one hip, scratching his skull. "i remember seein' it. it was definitely lookin' amazing so far. it's definitely gonna cat-ch her eye." He joked, then winked and you giggled. "You're a real goofball, you know that?" You teased and he smirked. "yep~" He purred, then laughed as he moved the items you'd handed him onto the nearby couch.

After a short pause, you moved your gaze to his face, making direct eye contact. "Why are you just in a tank top?" You suddenly asked, realizing you'd never even questioned him about why he'd just left his signature hoodie laying on the couch. "i was cleanin' in our basement, that's why i didn't hear ya n stuff. i didn't wanna get my babe dirty, so i left 'er up here." He explained, then you smiled. "I understand! Sorry I tried it on, I just couldn't resist the temptation. My gosh, it's so cozy and warm!" You exclaimed as you gently shrunk down into it, letting your neck gently brush against the soft lining of the sweatshirt

"oh, yeah? well, why don't ya keep it, (y/n)?" He suggested which caused your eyebrows to furrow immediately as you looked at him in surprise. "But... Papy, this is your favorite! I'm not gonna take your favorite hoodie." You spoke bluntly, but Papyrus only laughed heartily, causing you to cock your head to the side. "yes, one of 7 identical hoodies. i believe i can manage with just six... At least until i buy a new one." He winked and you let out a small snort. "You sure? I really don't wanna take something that's yours." You responded and Papyrus shook his head, then stretched slightly, letting out a small series of chuckles. "hell yeah, i'm sure! you got no idea how cute you are in it. i adore the idea of ya in my hoodie." He replied and you smiled fully. "Good, because I really, really wanted to keep this with me." You brought the sleeve to your nose, then sniffed it gently. It smells like him. Coffee, honey, and cigarette smoke. Quite the mix, but since it isn't super strong, it's the perfect thing to wear around the apartment when you wanna be close to him whilst your far away.

"It smells like you, that's comforting." You spoke softly, then he smiled as he walked behind you, wrapping his hands around your waist. "i'm glad ya think so, honey." He spoke softly. And, after a short span of no speech, he let out a gentle hum. "how are we gonna do this?" He asked, then you let out a confused 'Hm?' which made him rethink a better way to say what he wanted to say. "we gon' tell people, or nah?" He clarified, then your (e\c) eyes widened as you realized you'd never even thought about that before. "Oh, shit. I don't know." You admitted. Papyrus clicked his tongue, then looked over to the clock in the corner of the room. "maybe give it a couple days? it's been quite tha tumultuous time. just like tea, let's let it steep until things have calmed down. ey?" Papyrus suggested, and after a bit of hesitation, you realized he was very right.