the zora armour

——(link's p.o.v)——

"mipha?"

was this the girl link had seen in those memories?

of course not, the girl he saw was a hylian, not a zora.

link was confused, more than ever. the king spoke about mipha as if she meant a great deal to link. he felt y/n loosen her grip on his hand.

"i cannot believe it...have you forgotten my dear mipha as well? or should i say...your dear mipha?"

link blinked. the grip on his hand fell loosely.

y/n let go of his hand.

"y/n-"

the king interrupted him.

"you and mipha were so, so close...yet you do not remember her? please, look upon the beauty of zora's domain."

the statue?

"does gazing upon mipha's immortalised form still not jog your memory?"

y/n looked down. link reached for her hand but stopped as sidon cut in the conversation.

"father...i do not believe discussing my sister is helping matters at the moment. link seems confused."

sidon looked over at y/n and frowned. of course...why didn't sidon realise sooner?

the king's laugh hit the hylian's ears.

"wahaha, you are right, my boy! link, i doubt not that you have endured a great many trials. still, i must ask you to hear my plea."

link turned back from y/n and focused on the king, he'll have to deal with y/n later.

the king explained that zora's domain was in danger of vanishing because of the divine beast vah ruta. he explained that link had to lend them their strength, but the old green zora next to the king had exclaimed with disappointment and arrogance that hylians were useless and never helped them when in need, and thought it was foolish to ask a stranger to suddenly aid them. especially if they were a hylian.

"muzu! it is rude to speak that way to your king and his guests! link and y/n are here because i invited them! pay them some respect!"

link couldn't help but see sidon a bit differently after he had said this. his bitter view on him slowly started to fade away.

muzu refused, link and y/n stayed quiet.

"it is their fault that lady mipha was lost to us..."

link looked towards sidon. sidon looked back at link with a sorrowful and apologetic look.

the king continued on about the heavy rain, and how it would not only destroy zora's domain, but also the entirety of hyrule. the king talked about the mechanics of the beast to link and how the orbs on the divine beast needed to be struck with shock arrows in order to disable the water. y/n spoke up.

"these shock arrows...you cannot touch them, correct? being an aquatic race and all..."

link and sidon blinked.

"why-um, yes! exactly, my lady! we zoras cannot go near those arrows, which is why we've asked you both to aid us. we need you to get those orbs working properly again on vah ruta!"

link shifted, uncomfortably. sidon spoke with pride.

"please, hero...i beg of you. help me stop ruta's rampage of destruction!"

-

"i, um...have to board the beast and appease it from within..."

the king cut in.

"tell me, young hero. is your dear princess zelda alive? or is she as we feared?"

-

"she's alive and is trapped in hyrule castle. and we-i plan to go and save her."

——(your p.o.v)——

your throat hitched. why did link stutter? did he find you useless?

the loud voice of the king entered your pointy ears.

"link, please take this, as a show of faith. it is a gift."

you raised an eyebrow, curious at what the king wanted to give link.

sidon grabbed some sort of blue top from king dorephan and handed it to link. the blonde held it up, showing the tunic's full details. it was rare zora armour and had a shiny and beautiful gem in the middle that was tied by two silver chains. you gaped at the beauty of it and link was speechless.

"you can ascend waterfalls with this armour, link. please, take good care of it. it's very special, you will find out why."

link nodded and immediately changed as the king talked to muzu. he kept his white undershirt on and replaced his champion's tunic with the new armour. you felt an uneasy vibe coming from the armour piece but decided not to mention it. at least not in front of the king. the shiny armour had fit link perfectly! no one really noticed link change into the armour except for you and sidon. the green zora and the king were too busy quarrelling.

"my liege! i must forbid this! countless generations of zora princesses have gifted that armour to the one they have sworn to marry! princess mipha made that one with her own hands!"

your jaw dropped at what muzu had said.

two and two started to add up in your head...

if mipha was a zora princess, and this was the tradition to be engaged and her link were really close...

could princess mipha and link be...

engaged?!